PS4 is the abbreviation that has been given to the generation of PlayStation 4 video game consoles. These are electronic devices created by the Sony Entertainment corporation that were initially used by users to entertain themselves by playing from home, using the television, the device and the videogames.
Over the years, PlayStation has evolved like other devices, and today it is not only a game console, but an entertainment alternative that allows you to download applications, listen to music, play multimedia content such as movies and videos and also has the intelligent option of subtitling content in case the user deserves it.
The latest version launched on the market is the so-called PS4, which has been setting the standard in smart devices with this category. PlayStation 4 not only allows you to play, but also has built- in functions with which you can share content between devices and the video game console and install games on the external hard drive
How to watch videos and movies with PS4 media player?
PlayStation 4 works almost like any other smart device of the time. This latest version has the possibility of connecting to the home network to access the Internet , and it even has a USB port assigned to have access to multimedia content that can be played on the television.
The user has the possibility to enjoy the music he likes while having fun playing with his video game console, he can also create a playlist to play the songs in the “favorites” section . All of this has made the new PS4 the device that everyone wants to have at home.
Being a booming alternative, it is likely that you do not understand some of the functions of the PS4, such as connecting to the Internet or exploring new content available on the device. But the truth is that using it is easier than it seems. You will only need a stable internet connection or a compatible device with which to share your content.
Steps to watch videos and movies with PS4 media player
This new version of consoles has Smart functions, so the processes to enter and navigate the device are likely to be somewhat different. If you want to watch videos or movies on your PS4 you must follow the following instructions:
- To get started, the first thing to do is make sure you have a good internet connection, as it will be necessary initially.
- It should be noted that there is a download store called “PlayStation Store”. From this option you can download content for the video game console.
- Afterwards, an application called “Media Player” must be downloaded . Wait for the download and installation process to finish. This App is completely free and does not take up more space on the device.
- After you have the multimedia player application, you will need a USB stick or a hard disk.
- The USB stick or hard drive must have two folders. For music the folder must be called “music” (it is essential that it be called that) and for videos or movies you can give any name.
- It is also important that the contents are in folders.
Steps to play multimedia content after downloading the application
Click on the “multimedia player” and wait for it to load. Initially a list with three sections will appear; recently played, favorites and user PC-user.
- Now we must enter the USB pendrive or hard disk , as the case may be, and wait for the device to recognize it.
- Then we can enter the folders and start playing the content. Be it videos, movies or music.
- PS4 supports most multimedia formats such as Mp4, AVI, MPEG-2TS, AVCHD and XAVC S ™ for videos.
- In the event that it is not possible for you to reproduce some content, you can make sure that it is a compatible format.
Finally, we hope this article has helped you. However, we would like to hear your opinion. Have you been able to watch videos and movies with the PS4 media player by following these steps? Do you know of another method that allows this action? Leave us your answers in the comments.