When you 3D print it makes you want to enter the world of design because you realize that they look great. However, due to your inexperience, you will not know which is the best program to use and which is the best for you. In this article you will find out which are the best programs to make 3D designs.
There is no denying that acquiring high-quality 3D modeling software can be very expensive. However, fortunately there are many available for free, with them you will achieve amazing results and you will obtain designs that even you will impress yourself. Let’s see what they are:
- Programs to make 3D designs
- Adobe Dimension
Programs to make 3D designs
It is one of the programs to make 3D designs, it is called Adobe Dimension with which you can create compositions based on 2D and 3D elements. In addition, your creations will have more lighting, models and high quality materials . It is also a tool with which it will be very easy to create visualizations of illustrations, brands, packaging designs or sketches.
On the other hand, its use is simple, just by dragging and dropping images you can build your 3D modeling. Plus, your virtual photos will look realistic, with texture, lighting, and depth. You can also import other files from third-party applications and export scenes in case you want to perfect them in Photoshop .
Among the most outstanding features of this program are:
- Place graphics and images on 3D surfaces.
- Ease of access to tools and functionalities.
- You can add text to scenes, change the look, depth, and bevel.
- You get new perspectives on products in real world environment.
- With the camera tool you will be able to move objects from any perspective.
- You can drag and drop images from Photoshop and Adobe Stock without leaving Dimension .
- Create unique 3D images for editorials or as your own artwork.
Download | Adobe Dimension
SolidWorks is an easy-to-use, feature-rich 3D design program that makes the software one of the best in 3D modeling. Its creator is Dassault Systemes who developed this new tool to be executed under Windows environment.
SolidWorks is a Computer Aided Engineering and Design (CAE) and Computer Aided Design (CAD) program. Therefore, it is perfect for use by designers and engineers. In addition, it has a very complete tutorial from SolidWorks, which makes its use very easy. Its features include:
- 3D designs and creations are done faster from the cloud.
- Create and collaborate on complex designs with organic shapes and surfaces from the cloud.
- You can create 2D drawings or designs from 3D.
- It has integrated CAD solutions.
Download | Solidworks
Blender is an open source 3D modeling program , with which you can make your designs professionally. When you master it you will realize that you can handle it without problem, and make animations in both 2D and 3D. It has a large community behind it, which ensures that the program is improved more and more, more reliable and versatile.
According to the project you are working with, you will be able to install add-ons and extensions, unlock them in order to have lots of useful functionalities. Let’s see what features this program has:
- In your viewing window you can combine 2D and 3D views.
- Full support on the animals you create.
- It has a real-time preview of the sequences and scenes in 3D.
- You will be able to design 3D Paintings and sculptures using textured and masking brushes
- You can connect to its Blender rendering API .
Download | Blender
With FreeCAD you can design real objects of any size, it is a 3D parametric design program, so you can change the parameters of your model. Likewise, it can be used on Windows, Mac and Linux . With FreeCAD you will be able to make 3D, architectural, industrial and animation game models .
Among the most common elements that you can find in FreeCAD are: Sphere, Box, Cylinder and Cone, Bull. In addition, as you progress in your design, the image modifier will add : thickness, cut, extrusion, etc. Being multiplatform it can work with various formats: DAE, IGES, IFC, OBJ, SVG, STEP, DXF, STL, etc. Here are some of the features of this program:
- The model history can be easily edited.
- It can work on various operating systems (multiplatform).
- It has a robust compendium of image modification tools.
- It works with a large number of file formats.
Download | FreeCAD
The MeshMixer software is a program with which you can perform 3D modeling , it is robust and of the latest generation. It is perfect when you already have a 3D design in which you can modify and repair it according to your needs. Although you can also make your creations from scratch because the tool has all the necessary elements for you to do them.
On the other hand, the program has a very complete part so you can make your 3D prints. In addition, in this section you can check your designs to see if it is already complete to print. It includes a number of items available such as: mesh smoothing, thickness and stability meter, brushing and more. Among the most outstanding features of MeshMixer are:
- Design and create in 3D and then print them.
- Very complete compendium of tools for 3D design.
- It is compatible with Windows and Mac operating systems .
Download | MeshMixer
I hope you liked all this compilation of the main programs to make 3d designs. We can tell you that the most complete is Adobe Dimension , although if you want to start practicing making designs, start with Blender and there you continue to level up until you reach Dimension.