Error “Unable to find language file”, problems with save, not working gamepad and more
Watch Dogs Legion finally came out and showed everyone what a real nextgen game from Ubisoft should be: poorly optimized and buggy, but with ray tracing. We’ll talk about adjusting the graphics of the new Watch Dogs to increase the number of FPS next time, and now we will analyze the proven solutions to its frequent technical problems.
What computer do you need for Watch Dogs Legion
This time Ubisoft presented 7 recommendations on system requirements for their new game at once. We have studied independent tests of Watch Dogs: Legion on various hardware and came to the conclusion that the official information is very close to the truth:
Of all this, the main thing can be distinguished:
- The game has high CPU requirements. Requires at least 6 threads and high frequency per core. This means that Core i5 older than the 8000 series will have a hard time, while inexpensive Ryzen 5 even 1st generation do well. The maximum number of threads that a game can effectively load is 16. Therefore, even a Core i9 or Ryzen 9 will not be redundant.
- 4K only needs to be played with DLSS. Even the RTX 3090 is not capable ofdelivering a stable 60 frames in the open world at maximum graphics settings and with ray tracing enabled. Fortunately, the latest version of DLSS in quality mode makes the picture even better than the native resolution.
- The game consumes a lot of video memory. Even in Full HD (1920×1080), up to 8 gigabytes can be consumed, and in 4K – up to 11. Therefore, all video cards with 3-4 gigabytes are not able to run the game at settings above average. And even the iconic 6GB GTX 1060 has problems(even though it’s listed in the recommended 1080p requirements).
- The game runs more stable in DX12 mode . Many see only a lower FPS, but in fact, the load on the processor in this mode is noticeably lower, and the frame timeline is smoother. This results in a smoother and more responsive gameplay, which is more important than thenumber of frames per second in itself.
Watch Dogs: Legion won’t launch on Windows 7
The game is not designed to run on Microsoft operating systems older than Windows 10. In addition, a 64-bit version of the OS is required.
“Unable to find language file” error in Watch Dogs: Legion
You need to additionally download the Russian language package (about 6 GB). To do this, in the game parameters in the Uplay library, switch the language to Russian (or first to English, and then to Russian).
Watch Dogs: Legion crashes with error 0x0c000142 / 0x0c000005
Run Windows System File Checker. To do this, press Windows + R and then in the window that opens, enter sfc / scannow . After completing the check, restart your computer.
Unable to connect to Ubisoft server / No connection / Watch Dogs: Legion won’t connect to servers
Possibly a problem with the game servers. Unfortunately, the only way to find out the status of the servers is through the game’s official Twitter account . Check for any recent posts about server crashes (use automatic translation into Russian, if necessary).
Error 0xc000007b in Watch Dogs: Legion
Reinstall or update NVIDIA drivers. It is advisable to do a clean install to reset unsuccessful settings.
MSMSVCR120.dll and MSMSVCR140.dll error when starting Watch Dogs: Legion
Install RuntimePack . This is a complete set of all libraries needed to run games.
Not enough memory error in Watch Dogs: Legion
Your PC is out of RAM. The best solution is to increase the amount of RAM to at least 8 gigabytes. Increasing the paging file probably won’t help. Also, be sure to close your browser before starting any game. Especially if it has a large number of open tabs.
Resolution does not change in Watch Dogs: Legion
This error can occur if screen scaling is enabled on Windows. You can compensate for this as follows:
- Find the exefile in the game folder.
- Go to properties and go to the “Compatibility”tab .
- Click the Change High DPI Settingsbutton .
- In the option “Override scaling mode …”select “Application” .
Watch Dogs: Legion game not saved
- Check if there are any Russian letters in the path to the exefile . You can quickly find the file through the “Search” in the explorer.
- Disable your antivirus or add exeto the list of exclusions.
- Turn on cloud saves in the game options in the Uplay library.
Watch Dogs: Legion slows down / lags / optimization issues
Check your PC meets the system requirements
Cm. See the chapter “What computer do you need for Watch Dogs: Legion” above.
Update your graphics card drivers
Visit the video card manufacturer’s website:
- NVIDIA GeForce :The site will select the appropriate drivers. Just hit Search and then Download Now . After the download is complete, run the downloaded file and follow the instructions of the installer.
- AMD Radeon :Scroll down to Search for your product and select your graphics card under Graphics . Click the Submit On the page that opens, click LMB on your version of Windows and click “Download” . When the download is complete, run the downloaded file and follow the instructions of the installer.
Important: Be sure to restart your computer after updating your drivers.
Enable high performance for your graphics card
For NVIDIA GeForce owners:
- Open the NVIDIA Control Panelby right-clicking on the desktop.
- Select Manage 3D Settingsfrom the list on the left.
- Switch to the “Software Settings”tab in the main part of the screen and select Watch Dogs: Legion from the drop-down list under “1. Select a program to configure ” (if the game is not in the list, then add the corresponding button next to it).
- In the list below, find the Power Management Modefeature and switch it to Maximum Performance Mode preferred .
For AMD Radeon and AMD processor owners:
- Open Radeon Settingsby right-clicking on the desktop.
- Go to the “System”section .
- In the “Switchable Graphics”category , set the “Maximum Performance” graphics card as the primary.
- Click “Accept”.
How to tweak the graphics in Watch Dogs: Legion / how to increase the frame rate
Optimal settings for a weak PC close to the minimum system requirements:
- Window mode:full screen.
- sync: enable.
- Fps limit:
- Field of View:70
- Texture resolution:
- Filtering textures:
- Shadow quality:
- Object shadows in headlights:1 source Sveta.
- Depth of Field:
- Glow:turn on.
- Volumetric light:turn on.
- Post-processing and smoothing:
- dispersion: low.
- detail: 0%.
- scaling: 100.
Sound issues in Watch Dogs: Legion
Launch “Troubleshoot Sound” by right-clicking on the volume icon in the lower right corner of your desktop. Follow the instructions of the program.
Watch Dogs: Legion freezes / crashes / DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG error / black screen
Perhaps the problem is overheating of the video card. Check to see if the fans of her cooling system are stuck in adjacent wires. If everything is in order with this, then try resetting the overclocking: go to the MSI Afterburner application and press the Reset button (if such a program is not installed, then the video card most likely did not overclock).
Gamepad (joystick) does not work in Watch Dogs: Legion
- Try to remove the device in Device Managerand restart your computer.
- Connect the gamepad over the wire.
Let us know in the comments if you know other ways to solve technical problems in Watch Dogs: Legion!