Understanding the History of Islamic Education and Its Scope – Here we will discuss about what is History and what is the understanding of the history of Islamic education itself and its scope. And explain what are the benefits of studying the history of Islamic education itself.
Table of Contents [ hide ]
- 1Understanding the History of Islamic Education and Its Scope
- 1Definition of History
- 2Definition of Islamic Education
- 3Understanding the History of Islamic Education
- 4Scope of Islamic Education History
- 5Benefits of Studying the History of Islamic Education
- 6Knowledge Closely Related to the History of Islamic Education
- 7Share this:
- 8Related posts:
Understanding the History of Islamic Education and Its Scope
Let us first discuss the notion of history carefully.
The word history can be etymologically expressed in Arabic, namely Date , sirah or science date , which means the provisions of time or time, while science is the science that discusses an event and the causes of the event. In English history is called history, which means a sequential description of past events ( orderly descriphon of past even ).
The terminology of history is a number of important circumstances and events that occurred in the past and actually happened to individuals and society in accordance with natural and human realities that have occurred. While the historical understanding according to KBBI is genealogy, events, origins and important events that really happened in the past. So, history is a record relating to an event that has occurred and is enshrined in an implied or explicit form in a broad scope.
Definition of Islamic Education
Islamic education is a process of mentoring an educator towards the development of the physical, spiritual, and mind of students towards the formation of a good Muslim personality. Because Islamic education is a tool that can function to direct the growth and development of human life to the optimal point of its ability to obtain the peace of life in the world and the happiness of life in the afterlife. In this case, educators play a role as the holder of many key tools that determine the success of an educational process, as it has developed in various areas from a very simple system to a modern Islamic education system.
In its development, Islamic education in history shows developments that are operational and technical, especially methods, tools and institutional forms. This is the basic objective of Islamic education, which is to maintain the teachings of Islam in accordance with the guidance of the Qur’an and Sunnah.
Islamic education according to Zakiah Drajat is education that is more directed to the improvement of mental attitudes that will be manifested in deeds, attitudes, both for the needs of individuals and others which are theoretical and practical.
From various understandings of Islamic education it can be concluded that Islamic education is a process of guidance from educators who direct their students towards improving mental attitudes that will be realized in deeds of deeds and the formation of a better Muslim person .
Understanding the History of Islamic Education
Understanding the history of Islamic education (Tarihut Tarbiyah Islamiyah) in the book Zuhairini namely:
- Information on the growth and development of Islamic education from time to time, from the time of the birth of Islam to the present.
- One branch of science relating to the growth and development of Islamic education, both in terms of ideas, conceptions and in terms of institutions and operationalization since the time of the Prophet Muhammad until now.
Also Read: √ 12 Understanding Teachers According to Experts (Complete Discussion)
Dra. Hasbullah formulated that the history of Islamic education, namely:
- An account of events about the growth and development of Islamic education from the birth of the Prophet to the present.
- A branch of science that deals with the growth and development of Islamic education both in terms of ideas or ideas, concepts, institutions and operations since the time of the prophet Muhammad to the present.
From the above understanding it can be concluded that the two explanations have the same intention, namely an event or branch of knowledge regarding the growth and development of Islamic education from time to time in terms of ideas, concepts, operational institutions since the time of the Prophet Muhammad PBUH .
Scope of Islamic Education History
The scope of the history of Islamic education begins with the history of Islamic education that began in the time of the Prophet Muhammad to the present which has developed in various countries in the world, especially in Indonesia. As an example of the history of Islamic education brought by the Wali Songo to Indonesia, figures and trips and struggles of KH.Hasyim Asy’ary, KH.Ahmad Dahlan, Buya Hamka, Mahmud Yunus in efforts to develop Islamic education and various obstacles encountered in spread Islamic education and involvement with the government in developing Islamic education.
Benefits of Studying the History of Islamic Education
The benefits or uses in studying the history of education include two things, namely general and academic nature . The history of Islamic education has its own uses such as exemplary factors, mirrors, comparisons, and self improvement. In the Qur’an as a source of Islamic teachings contain many historical values as an example. This is found in the Qur’an: It means: “ Verily there is in the Rosulullah a good example for you all …” (QS Al-Ahzab: 21)
It means: “ Say if you (truly) love Allah, follow me, surely Allah loves and forgives your sins … “(QS Ali-Imran: 31)
Meaning: “…. And follow him, that you may be guided . ” (QS Al-A’raaf: 158)
Based on the above verses, as Muslims we can take part in the process of Islamic education since the time of Muhammad SAW, Khulafaur Rashidin, the great scholars and the drivers of Islamic education.
As a reflection of history, we need to reflect or take lessons from past events so that the history produced can be of particular benefit to the development of Islamic education.
Also Read: ertian Understanding of Educational Institutions According to Experts (Complete Discussion)
As a comparison, an event that goes from time to time, from time to time certainly has in common. Therefore, the results obtained from the comparison process between the past, present and future are expected to be able to contribute to the development of Islamic education because in essence the history becomes a reflection of comparison for the new era.
As an improvement, that is, after interpreting past experiences in various activities we try to improve conditions that were previously less constructive to become more constructive.
The benefits of the history of Islamic education that is academic, namely:
Knowing and understanding the growth and development of Islamic education, since the time of the birth of Islam to the present; Taking advantage of the various processes of Islamic education, can solve the problems of Islamic education that occur at the present time; and Having a positive attitude towards all changes and renewal of the Islamic education system.
Closely Knowledge Related to the History of Islamic Education
The history of Islamic education is not an independent science but part of the history of education in general. Educational history discusses the development of education from the past until now. Therefore, the history of education is very closely related to several other sciences including:
- Sociology , Namely an interaction that occurs both between fellow individuals and between groups, which in this situation will cause a dynamic. These dynamics and changes lead to social mobility and all of that affects the Islamic education system and Islamic education policy that is carried out at a time.
- History , discusses the development of some important events or events in the past also discusses all events (big men) in the structure of political power because in general big people are quite dominant in their influence in determining a system, material, educational goals, which apply at that time.
- Cultural History , In terms of education means a transfer of the contents of culture in perfecting all the abilities of students to deal with various cultural problems and expectations, Islamic education is an attempt to pass down Islamic cultural values from one generation to the future. Therefore it is very important to study cultural history in order to understand the history of Islam.