- 1Tips for regular resets and hard resets
- 2How to reset iPhone 12
- 3How to force restart iPhone 12
what you need to know
- There are two ways to restart an iPhone: a standard restart and a hard restart. In most cases, a standard reboot is sufficient. For some tough problems, you will need a hard reset.
- Both are done by holding down the side button and the volume down button.
- You will not lose any data with either method.
This article explains how to perform the two basic types of iPhone 12 restart: the standard restart and the force restart. It also explains when you should use each method.
How to reset iPhone 12
From time to time, you will probably have to restart iPhone 12. You can restart an iPhone to solve problems such as poor Wi-Fi connectivity, application crashes, or other minor errors. Whether you need a standard reboot or a force reboot depends on your situation.
- The standard reboot turns the iPhone off and then turns it on again. This is also called a soft restart .
- If the standard restart doesn’t fix the problem or the iPhone freezes and is unresponsive, a force restart (also called a hard reset ) may work.
To restart an iPhone 12, follow these steps:
- Hold down the side button and the volume down button . Button up the volume also works, but if you use programs and not well, you can make a screenshot by accident.
- After a few seconds, the slider to turn off the slider will appear on the screen. At that point, release the buttons side and down the volume .
- Move the power off slider from left to right to turn off the phone. Have you thought about cleaning your iPhone screen? Doing it while the phone is off is smart. That way, you won’t accidentally press anything on the screen or mistakenly change your settings.
- Wait about 15-30 seconds for the iPhone to turn off. When the iPhone shuts down and 15-30 seconds have passed, press and hold the side button again until the Apple logo appears. Release the side button and let the iPhone 12 reboot.
How to force restart iPhone 12
The standard reboot can fix many problems, but it won’t fix all of them. If your iPhone 12 is completely frozen and pressing the side button does nothing, you should try to force restart the iPhone 12. This is how to do it:
- Press the volume up button once.
- Press the volume down button once.
- Press and hold the side button . Holding it down until you see the Apple logo. Ignore the slider to turn it off when it appears. When the Apple logo appears, release the side button .
- Wait while your iPhone 12 restarts.