How to display the battery percentage on your iPhone 12
- 1How to show the battery percentage on your iPhone 12
- 2How to see the battery percentage on the iPhone 12
- 3How to add a battery widget to iPhone 12
What you should know
- Go through the upper right corner of the screen. The battery percentage is in the upper right corner next to the battery icon.
- Press and hold the screen until the icons start to move. Press + > Batteries > choose widget style> Add Widget > Done.
This article explains how to see the battery percentage of the iPhone 12 and how to have it available on the home screen using a widget .
How to see the battery percentage on the iPhone 12
In previous versions of iOS, you had to activate the battery percentage option to see this information. Not on the iPhone 12! Today, the battery percentage option is enabled by default, you just have to know where to find it.
If you are updating from an iPhone without Face ID, you will see that due to the notch for the camera at the top, there is no longer enough horizontal space to display the battery icon and the percentage simultaneously.
- Go through the upper right corner of the iPhone 12 screen to open the Control Center.
- In the upper right corner of the screen, next to the battery icon, is the battery percentage. This is how much battery your iPhone 12 has left.
- Swipe or tap in the background to close the Control Center again.
If all you want to do is periodically check the battery percentage, then that’s all you have to do. If you want to easily monitor battery status, consider adding a widget to your home screen.
One way to find the iPhone 12 battery percentage is to ask Siri. Activate Siri using the side button and then ask “Hey Siri, how much battery do I have left?” The battery percentage will appear on the screen.
How to add a battery widget to iPhone 12
Thanks to the widgets in iOS 14, which comes preloaded on the iPhone 12, you can add a battery percentage widget to your home screen. Here’s how:
- Press and hold the screen until the icons start to move.
- Touch + .
- In the pop-up widgets, tap Batteries .
- Choose the widget style you want to use. Swipe the front and back to see the options. The Batteries widget will also display battery information for Apple devices connected to your phone, such as Apple Watch or AirPods .
- Tap Add Widget for the one you want to use.
- The widget is added to the home screen. Move it to the location where you want it and then tap Done .
Seeing the battery percentage is good information, but it doesn’t help the battery last longer.