In the Windows 10 taskbar we can add icons or tools, in addition to customizing it to our liking. That is, you have the option to make the taskbar transparent , add texts such as your name and much more.
There are two ways to do it , either modifying the text displayed in the time, or creating a folder as tools, as the design is different, it is your decision to choose which method to use. This is a very useful tip when the PC is shared or to access a personal folder faster.
How to put a text or name on the WINDOWS 10 taskbar?
- What ways are there to place text on the taskbar?
- From the control panel next to the time
- Creating a content folder
- How to pin files and applications to the taskbar?
- How to remove the name from the taskbar?
What ways are there to place text on the taskbar?
It is very common to put the taskbar down in Windows , as many users find it more convenient. There are also two ways to place a text on it regardless of its location. Learn how to do it as follows:
From the control panel next to the time
We can modify the text displayed in the hour . For example, where it says ‘a.m’ or ‘p.m’ add a bit more content, but it’s very limited in characters so it should be as short as possible, otherwise you can use initials or some similar shortened text. To do it you just have to:
- Enter the control panel on your Windows10 PC, a very useful trick is to use the ‘Control’ command from the run tool, by pressing ‘Ctrl + R’.
- Enter ‘ Clock and region‘ and click on ‘Set date and time’.
- Click on ‘Change date and time’ and enter the ‘Change calendar settings’ option.
- Click on ‘Additional settings’ and select the ‘Time’ tab.
- Where am and pm you can write your name next to it.
- Click ‘ Apply‘ to save the changes.
- Close all open windows and you’re done. You will notice that when you click on apply your name is displayed next to the time.
A very useful tip is that if you want to add a long word , you can delete the am or pm, since it is very easy to differentiate whether it is morning or afternoon, of course, it is up to each user to do so.
Creating a content folder
Also, the taskbar has several tools. For example, where it says address, link or writing are tools that execute an action when clicked on them. Then we can create a new one with a folder already there and give it the name we want . Learn how to do it as follows:
- Create a folder with the name you want to display on the taskbar.
- Right-click on the taskbar to display the options.
- Place the cursor on the first option where it says ‘ Toolbar‘.
- Click on ‘New Toolbar’.
- In the search window locate the folder you created.
- Click on select folderand that’s it.
You should know that you have the option to unlock the taskbar, with the option to move your name or the word you added. That is, you can place it in any position you want within the same bar.
How to pin files and applications to the taskbar?
It is very easy to pin applications and folders to the Windows taskbar , if it is a file, whether it is some multimedia content, text or an element in general, you can drag it with the mouse to the taskbar and that’s it, you will notice that it is created a shortcut icon automatically.
For applications there are two methods, you can right-click on its executable or shortcut and choose the ‘Pin to taskbar’ option . The other way is by dragging the icon to the taskbar in the same way as with a file or folder.
How to remove the name from the taskbar?
Depending on the method you used to add the name to the taskbar will be the way to remove it. If you chose to put it from the control panel, you only have to modify the text where the time is displayed. That is, leave it as it was, just be am and pm
On the other hand, from the tools you can delete the folder created with your name and then remove the displayed text by removing the Check in the ‘Toolbars’ menu , which is displayed by right-clicking on the toolbar. chores.