In this opportunity, we are going to talk about the manufacturers of content players to watch streaming movies from Roku ; with the aim of offering users who have this TV service. Some measures and solutions can be taken when you do not have the remote control at hand or in case it has been damaged.
Stay with us, so you can learn the solutions you can do with your Roku player to restart it or factory reset it; and it will be like new again without any problem.
What is Roku?
This is a portable device about the size of a pen drive that features your remote device to send commands to the Roku device. With its easy-to-use buttons, it is ideal for configuring and playing the streaming content that we want to enjoy.
If you wonder what is streaming? It is the content that you can observe in audio and video format through the internet; since these types of tools allow you to choose what you want to see and when you want.
Roku has problems, what should I do?
Sometimes, the device has a different behavior than what we are adapted to or it simply does not respond to the commands that are ordered or we cannot connect Roku to the WiFi without remote control . Whether it is a technical detail with our remote or Roku device , it can also be an app compatibility issue.
These inconveniences can be frustrating as soon as they appear and not knowing what to do to solve these problems when using it, makes the situation worse. Fortunately, there are solutions to these problems with a great level of effectiveness; in cases where our equipment has failures when it is in use, which we will detail below:
System reboot without Roku control
First of all, it is advisable to have your Roku, linked with Alexa to be able to restart it easily. If you don’t have it, you must do the following:
- Proceed to turn off the TV, followed by turning the Roku player over and looking for a slightly recessed button that says ‘Reset’ on the back or bottom of the player.
- Straighten a paper clip to press gently but firmly on the button (you must be careful when doing so, because after 15 seconds the device will be restored to factory settings) if this is the case, press the button for 20 seconds to have the factory device back .
- Keep the clip pressed for 5 to 10 seconds before turning your TV back on, once the count is finished, remove the clip and turn on the TV.
- At this point, you will have the player restarted and without problems, but if the opposite is the case.
- Unplug the player from the electrical outlet, then leave it unplugged for 30 seconds and after this time, reconnect the Roku device and wait for it to restart automatically.
Restart with the remote control
- Now, let’s see on the Roku remote control, press the ‘Start’ button, this is symbolized with the icon of a white house on a black background , located in the upper right part of the remote.
- You will proceed to scroll through the configuration, using the directional buttons located in the center of the remote with purple color and the ‘Ok’ button press this to navigate through the list of options.
- Now go to ‘System’ and select ‘ Advanced system settings ‘ continue scrolling until you locate the option that is titled ‘Factory reset’.
- Once this is done, select the option ‘ Factory reset everything ‘ and follow the instructions that appear on the TV screen, for this you must enter a code that is displayed on the screen to show that you are not selecting these options by mistake.
- If it hasn’t, you can check if your device is really a Roku Express that needs to be restarted in another way.
In this way, we will have our device rebooted and ready to be configured again with our user and favorite streaming subscriptions.