Most Chromecast devices work flawlessly . It is very rare for it to fail, although it can happen. Fortunately, all Chromecast problems can be easily fixed by restoring the device to its factory state or updating the software.
How to factory reset Chromecast
Although that’s not the only reason a Chromecast device gets factory reset. Sometimes we sell the device and want to give it to its next owner almost as good as new. In any case, restarting it is a very simple procedure , which should not cause major problems.
- How to reset the Chromecast to factory settings?
- Set up the Chromecast again
How to reset the Chromecast to factory settings?
The chances you have of resetting your Chromecast will depend on the generation of your device. There are currently three ways to restore it. Here we will show you the three alternatives so that you can choose the one that best suits your needs.
Reset Chromecast from Google Home – Option 1
- First make sure your mobile device is connected to the same Wi-Fi networkthat Chromecast is connected to the TV.
- On the mobile device you must have previously installed the Google Homeapplication . Download it from the stores of your device, both Android and iOS.
- Open the application and select the Accounttab located at the top right of the shortcuts.
- Select the Local Devicesoption .
- Then choose the Chromecast and then select the Adjust button which is a gear icon.
- Finally, select the option Restoresettings Factory .
- The Chromecast will start the reset process. The device will reboot several times, but once finished you will be able to set up the device again.
Reset Chromecast from PC – Option 2
- The Chromecast must be connected to the TVand to the same network that the PC is connected to.
- Open the Chrome browser application on your PC.
- Find the Chromecastapp in the Chrome browser in the toolbar located at the top right.
- Click on the application icon and select the Chromecast whosefactory settings you want to restore , in case they have several.
- Click the settingsor options button (depending on the version installed).
- In the available options, find and select the Restore factory settingsoption .
- Confirm the action by selecting the Resetoption .
- The Chromecast starts the reset process and it will take a few minutes before it is ready for setup again.
Read Examples of Companies with Human Resources Problems
Reset Chromecast from Device – Option 2
It doesn’t matter what your Chromecast device is, whether it’s 1st or 2nd gen it definitely has a start button . The only thing that varies is the physical position of the button. Resetting Chromecast data from the button is the easiest way to do it.
- Turn on the devicewith the power button. You can verify that Chromecast is on because the LED indicator stays solid.
- Press the same power button, but this time hold it for at least 25 secondsor until the LED indicator starts flashing and changes color.
- Now start theChromecast factory reset sequence so you can set it up again.
Set up the Chromecast again
The Chromecast is back as it was the first time and you need to set it up again.
- Connect the Chromecastto the TV and turn it on.
- Install the Google Homeapplication on your mobile device .
- Make sure you are connected to the Wi-Fi networkwith the Chromecast name. This connection has no internet output and is only used to perform the installation process.
- Log in to the Google Homeapplication and select the Google account you want to use in the application.
- On the TV screen a code on the screen, you need to confirm that it is the same code.
- Select a roomor create a new one.
- Access your home Wi-Fi networkfrom the Chromecast .
- Check that everything is installed correctly and now disconnect your mobile from the network and reconnect it to the Wi-Fi network.
- The Chromecast is now set up and ready to use.