Cache memory is a fast storage unit within any device. It is similar to the short-term memory that people have, first the information is housed there for a brief moment that is the cache and then passing it to the long-term memory.
Sometimes android devices do not come with a very large memory capacity so that is when the cache becomes important because without it, your cell phone simply would not have the performance it should, the tedious thing is that if you do not know how to delete your cache memory to be constantly seeing that your device does not perform as it should.
How does a cache work in android?
Basically they are nothing more than data, instructions, procedures that are saved temporarily, what it does is keep those instructions that you use on your device frequently, it keeps the information closer to the processor to keep those functions faster.
An example so that you can understand the operation of the cache is that if you have a favorite book saved together with others in a library, and of that specific book you like only one fragment, each time you go to the library and only want to see that quick snippet, what you do is copy that page and place it anywhere where you don’t have the need to search for the book and page again. That other place would be the cache.
Steps to clear your cache
Since you know all this, we will tell you how you can erase your cache memory , which is like eliminating those clothes that no longer serve you from your closet and all it does is take up unnecessary space.
- The first step you should do is search your cell phone for which applications you no longer use.
- Then you delete those apps that you no longer use.
- If you don’t want to delete any application, go to the play store .
- There you will look for an application that is responsible for deleting cache.
- In the application you will get a list of the caches of each application.
- You are going to choose the ones with the least cache, click on the trash can and that’s it.
- You can also enter a specific app. The option to delete cache or delete data will appear, press there too and that’s it.
What is your cache for?
It serves to improve performance within your android, taking into account that because it is android it depends on several applications, each of which has a different process and instructions.
That’s when your cache memory really comes in, what it does is display the instructions, store them and create copies so that with an action, it takes care of remembering the whole process much faster.
There are not only caches for android, since these are present in various electronic devices that have a storage processor. The most common are usually:
They are associated with RAM.
It is too fast so they are only associated with super computers, therefore they are very expensive.
They are the ones in charge of storing the instructions for each web page, so that when you enter it again, they take the task of remembering what you were initially looking for there. There are the private ones that are for a single user and the shared ones that are for several users, who can use, at the same time, the use of memory to save records, searches and histories.
Advantages of clearing the cache
- Improve the performance of your device
- You can use multiple applications at the same time.
- The processor works faster on the device.
- If you use your device a lot, clearing the cache will keep you as fast as you started.
Disadvantages of clearing the cache
- If the deletion of your cache memory is very constant, you prevent the instructions from being processed as they should .
- They reduce the performance of your device.
- Your processor may be working too hard to fit between the instructions in your cache, causing it to become saturated and ineffective.
- You would not be giving opportunity to other future instructions.