Adobe Premier Pro is an editing program that allows you to learn how to edit videos . From making short films to inform or motivate to a great film to entertain, the possibilities are endless. Likewise, just as countless are the tools that this program puts at your disposal. In this article we want to delve into one of them, so we will teach you how to censor faces with Premiere Pro .
How to censor objects or people’s faces in Premiere Pro
When recording video in a public place, it is impossible not to capture the faces of passersby and workers, as well as sensitive information such as vehicle license plates. The good news is that all these details can be censored in post-production . We recommend using the Adobe Premiere Pro presets and following these simple steps:
- Place the video you want to censor on the timeline. Then go to the “Effects” section. It is usually located on the side of the timeline.
- Open the menu that says “Video Effects”, “then Stylize” and drag the “Mosaic” option over the video in question. The entire video should be pixelated.
- Now go to the “Effects Control” section. In the options “Horizontal blocks” and “Vertical blocks” you will define how many blocks you will have on each axis. We recommend that you work with values between 50 and 200. If you work with less, the pixel will look very large and if you work with more, the object or the person’s face will not be well censored .
- Click on the ellipse icon above the block menu. This will allow you to create an ellipse-shaped mask. It should be noted that this option is not available in versions older than CC , so if you have an outdated version, we recommend that you download the latest version of the program to enjoy all the tools.
- In the video frame, adjust the mask to fit the object or face you want to censor. To do this, use the blue transformation nodes. We recommend that you work from the beginning of the clip .
- Finally, in the “Mask layout” section, click on the play icon. That way, Premier will keep track of the object to be censored throughout the video .
- Keep in mind that since it is an automated process, it is not 100% foolproof. Therefore, we recommend making a cut when the effect fails so that you can reconfigure it in the next section of the video. Still, using this method is much easier than animating the mask path frame by frame.
And that’s how easy you can censor an object or a person’s face in Premier Pro. In this way, you will protect sensitive information in your videos as well as the identity of people who have not given their consent to use their face. Also, for everything to be with quality, try to improve the lighting of the video with Adobe Premiere Pro.
Edit faster in Premier Pro with this tip
Premier Pro has many keyboard shortcuts that can help you be more efficient when editing . For example, change and correct the color of the video so that it has quality. For that reason, below we want to show one of them that will surely be useful to you.
Insert video clips
The traditional way to do it is to drag the video to the timeline and cut the portions of the video that you will use. You can do this much faster using the “Origin” monitor as follows:
- Double click on the clip you want to use.
- Press the «L» key to play the video faster. You can do it again to increase the speed again.
- When you get to the starting point of the clip you want to insert, press the “I” key. Then go to the final frame and press the letter “O” .
- To insert that portion of video, press the «Comma (,)» key. This way you will insert audio and video. If you only want one of them, click on the icon that appears below the clip and drag, either the audio or video.
- You can repeat the process as many times as you want to insert all the video portions you need into the timeline.
We hope this design article will help you and you can censor faces with Premiere Pro, and thus have a professional quality video.