With today’s guide I want to explain to you in a quick and easy way how to hide faces in photos for FREE thanks to some great services.In the last holidays with your family you took some really nice photos and you would like to share them on your favorite social networks, but you have a big problem.
In some of these photos there are passers-by or people whose face is clearly visible and this prevents you from publishing them on your social networks.This is because you have not had the consent from these people to also share their faces in social networks without invading their privacy.
So how can you solve this annoying problem? How do you say? Don’t have the slightest idea?Do not worry! Take a few minutes to read our new guide and in a few steps I will explain how to hide faces in photos for FREE!Make yourself comfortable and follow the instructions that I am about to illustrate and you will see that in a simple and fast way you can hide the faces of people from your wonderful photos.
- 1How to hide faces in photos for FREE from PC
- 2How to hide faces in photos for FREE online
- 3Other programs
- 4Applications to hide faces in photos for FREE
How to hide faces in photos for FREE from PC
If you are looking for the best programs for PC , Mac and Linux that can hide faces from photos for FREE , today you are in the right place.
So let’s see what are the best solutions to obscure the faces of people or passers-by in your photographs.
-> GIMP ( Windows / macOS / Linux )
One of the best photo editing programs that can even hide faces from photos for FREE , is definitely GIMP !
It is a very powerful software with many integrated tools that will help you edit your photos or images in a simple and intuitive way.
The program is also fully localized in Italian and is extremely easy to use, even for the less experienced.
To hide and obscure the faces from your photos , you will need to use one of the many blur filters present by default in the software itself.
IF YOU LIKE OUR ARTICLES SUBSCRIBE TO THE NEWSLETTER!
The latest news delivered to your inbox every week!
I agree to the collection of the data sent through this form
To obscure the faces of people or passers-by in your photos you simply have to download the program from this page and open it, then:
- File menu top left-> Open -> Choose your photo -> Rectangle Selection Tool -> now draw a square or rectangle over the face you want to obscure
- Now open the filters menu-> Select the blur option -> Choose the type of blur ( for example pixel effect )
- Now to apply the blur on the previously selected face, all you have to do is click OK
- Repeat the same procedure for all the other faces you want to hide, at the end choose File-> Save as -> Choose the format and the folder where you want to save your retouched photo
Simple right? In a few simple steps, you were able to hide the faces of people or passersby in your photo.
-> IrfanView (Windows)
IrfanView is one of the best FREE software compatible with Windows operating system in the vast panorama of the web.
One of the best features of this fantastic program is the speed of execution of all its built-in tools.
Among the tons of blur and pixelation tools, this fantastic software also gives you the ability to hide faces from photos .
Go to this link and download the program completely free in 64-bit or 32-bit version ( depending on the version of Windows you are using ).
To install IrfanView all you have to do is open the file with the .exe extension and follow the simple installation wizard.
Once installed, to get the language translation Italian of IrfanView , go to this page and download those relating to ” Italian ” and install it.
To complete the procedure, restart IrfanView and choose Options -> Change language -> Select Italian from the languages proposed and press OK .
Now to obscure faces from photos follow these simple steps:
- File-> Open -> Choose the photo where you want to hide the faces
- Now draw a square or rectangle on the face you want to hide, click on the Image-> Effects -> Pixelize menu
- You can also change the pixel level by going to Image-> Effects -> Effects browser -> Set pixelize and adjust everything using the handy adjustment bar
Once everything is done, all you have to do is click on the OK button and save your image by clicking on the floppy disk icon .
How to hide faces in photos for FREE online
If you don’t intend to download and install any program on your PC , Mac or Linux , you can always use one of the many FREE services that you can find online.
The procedure is very simple; you just need to open your browser and go directly to the web pages of the photo editing service.
One of the best online resources that you can use completely for free without any limitations is definitely FacePixelizer .
It is very simple to use and allows you to hide people’s faces from your photos manually or even completely automatically .
All you have to do is go to the official project page with your browser and drag your photo into the Drop Image Files Here box .
To manually obscure the faces from your photo do this:
- Select Selection Effect from the left menu-> Manual -> Manual Effect -> Choose the blur option you prefer
At this point you will see the preview of the result through the Preview pane , if you are satisfied with the type of blur, all you have to do is draw a rectangle on the faces you want to hide.
At this point you just have to wait a few seconds for the blur effect to be applied to all the faces you have selected in the photo.
If you want to use the handy automatic feature to hide people’s faces from your photos instead , follow these steps:
- Go to the Selection Effect box-> Click on the Aut ball or -> Choose the type of effect in -> Face Detection -> Choose the type of effect -> Wait for changes
At the end click on Save Image to save your edited image on your PC , Mac or other … simple right?
If you are not satisfied with FacePixelizer you need not worry at all! There are tons of online services out there that can help you hide faces from photos, here are the best ones:
- Photopea: I had already told you about it in my previous article that you can find here . Extremely easy to use and fully translated into Italian . Fantastic!
- Pinetools: this is also an extraordinary tool that you can find online that can also hide faces from photos . It is completely FREE !
Applications to hide faces in photos for FREE
In addition to software for desktop environments and online services , there are also apps for Android and iOS operating systems that can hide faces from photos .
We at PCusb.it have selected the best apps in circulation to obscure faces from photos available for smartphones and tablets, here are some of them:
- Point Blur( Android ): completely FREE app with lots of blur effects that allow you to blur faces in photos in a simple and intuitive way.
- Photo Blur( iOS and iPadOS ): this app is also able to hide faces from photos thanks to the numerous integrated tools. It’s FREE but offers in-app purchases to remove ads and unlock other extra features.
- Pixlr( iOS and iPadOS – Android ): beautiful app to edit and edit your photo shots, it also offers the face blur function. FREE !
That’s all for today! The guide on how to hide faces in photos for FREE is over.