Nowadays it has become necessary to have an Internet Marketing provider. Because of this many have created an account in Mailchimp. This has become a key tool for all those who want to carry out an email marketing strategy. This article will show you how you can s create a list of contacts to your Mailchimp easily and quickly.
Prepare your files and import contacts to Mailchimp
With the import function you can add contacts to Mailchimp and update them automatically. You need to create a spreadsheet in Microsoft Excel or Google spreadsheets. It must be saved or exported as a CSV file.
There are several options to import, create or add contacts to Mailchimp, however, the most popular method used by most users is to upload a file. To prepare your file for import you must follow the steps that you will read below:
- Open the blank worksheet in the spreadsheet program you’ll be working on.
- Create and label a column for the email address.
- Next to the column you programmed in the previous step, create and label columns for “First Name” and “Last Name.”
- Enter the data respectively.
- Save the file in CSV format on your computer.
This way you will have your contact list ready to import it into Mailchimp. In the spreadsheet you are working on you can add other details or fields such as phone number, language, address or country. It is important that you must convert the file into CSV format in Excel because otherwise it cannot be processed.
To achieve this you must go to ” File” in the document menu and select the option “Export as .CSV” (export as .CSV) or “Download as .CSV” (download as .CSV).
Add or create a contact list in Mailchimp fast and easy
Next, we will show you the following guidelines, of what you must do to create or add your contact list in Mailchimp. You will see how easy it will be to achieve it with:
- Go to the “Audience” tab.
- Select the option “Manage Audience” and press ” Import contacts” .
- Click on “CVS or tab-delimited text file” (CSV or tab-delimited text file).
- Select “Continue to setup”.
- Click on the “Browse” button and choose the file from your computer.
- Click “Continue to match”. In this way you will match the columns of the imported file with the “Public” fields that you have in Mailchimp.
- Organize your files by tagging imported contacts . Press the ¨ + ¨ icon in the “Tag all contacts” section and choose or create the tags you want.
- In the “Choose status of these contacts” section, choose the type of contact you are going to import. Available options are: Subscribed, unsubscribed, non-subscribed, and cleaned.
- To confirm the import options, press ” Continue to review” .
- Click “Import”. Then r ecibirás notification MailChimp one finish time creating the contact list in question.
With Mailchimp you will have an effective and practical email marketing strategy . Thanks to this tool you can keep up to date with the social media that your services attract. Also, by creating and sending email campaigns with Mailchimp you will attract marketing effectively.
Increase your income greatly by contacting potential clients, and make known to all the services you provide in your company by making lists of your best contacts in Mailchimp.