A hair dryer is a small appliance designed to blow hot or cold air over wet hair, speeding up the evaporation of water to dry hair.
[ hide ]
- 1 What hair dryer to buy?
- 2 Use
- 3 Maintenance
- 1 Operation
- 4 Source
What hair dryer to buy?
The first two manual dryers appeared in the United States in 1920: the Race, from the Racine Universal Motor Co., the Cyclone, from Hamilton Beach. When buying a dryer, you have to choose it above all to suit your needs.
- Choose a dryer that fits easily in your hand.
- It is comfortable for you, and it is not heavy.
There are many types of dryers and of different power, although the ideal power for a dryer is 1500 watts, since if you buy less power it can prolong the drying of the hair, and another one with a higher power could dry the hair if you do not have it. beware the.
There are many models of dryer, with air speed and temperature selectors, it is necessary to choose the one that best suits your needs, depending on whether you spend a lot of time drying your hair or if it is used sporadically.
The dryer is a very useful device, but you have to know how to use it so that the hot air does not damage the hair.
- Excessive heat can dehydrate the hair and soften the keratin.
- In order to avoid these problems, the dryer must be kept at a safe distance from the head, and if necessary, a cosmetic product must be used to protect the hair surface.
- To be able to dry the hair correctly, it is necessary to direct the jet of air in the direction of the hairline, thus smoothing the scales of the cuticle and obtaining a brighter and healthier styling result.
- With wet hair, it should not be used directly on soaked hair, it is necessary to dry it well with a towel to remove moisture from the hair.
- To dry your hair, set the dryer to maximum temperature and gradually lower it as the hair dries.
- There are dryers that lower the temperature automatically when you are drying your hair.
- If the hair is sensitive and very dry, the dryer is used at its minimum temperature and with the minimum speed, although in some cases, depending on the condition of the hair, it is preferable to do without it.
The dryer needs basic care, like any electrical appliance, you must read the instructions well and above all turn off the dryer before unplugging it from the power outlet.
A good dryer can last about five years, while a lower quality one can last from six months to a year. To facilitate the exit of air, regularly clean the air filter, thus avoiding the accumulation of dust inside, and that the motor is not forced.
When finished using it:
- Do not wind the cable too tightly, since over time the cable can be cut little by little.
- To dry your hair safely, do not use it with bare feet and stay away from any moisture.
- If the dryer smells burned, turn it off for a few minutes and wait for it to cool down, if it still warms up, take it to the technical service.
Hair dryers became popular with women from the first year of their appearance, but only in the late 1960s, when men began to experience the difficulties of drying and styling long hair, the market for these devices quickly expanded. .
Hair dryers have a small motor that works like a fan with fins, forcing air through a hot resistor around the exhaust duct.
This resistance is usually controlled and according to the models, by a thermal protector that prevents the tube, which is generally made of plastic, from melting if the fan does not start.
Some models are hot air only, so they have a single knob that turns everything on (resistor and motor); and others are dual, that is, hot-cold with two knobs for each of the functions.
There are also with ignition knobs that regulate the speed of the air shot, but what matters most is that failures occur remediably in the ignition knobs due to their intensive use, so it will be necessary to review them as a first measure.
Some motors have carbons (small carbonates that wrap around the coil or motor shaft) and when worn can cause the dryer to run slow or fail. It is usual for resistance to break after a fall or a strong blow.