Electroacupuncture . Currently there is a new modality of acupuncture treatment called electroacupuncture, in which electric current is used in the needles applied to different points of the body (acupuncture points) to obtain a greater therapeutic result.
[ hide ]
- 1 Application
- 2 Treatment schedule
- 3 Applications of electroacupuncture
- 4 With electroacupuncture we can treat the following pathologies
- 5 Electroacupuncture to lose weight
- 6 Sources
- Instead of inserting needles into the skin, electrodes are arranged on its surface. When electricity is applied through the electrodes, the effect is the same as when it is done through needles. This method is preferable to inserting needles. It is known as electroacupuncture or acupoint. The equipment used is very similar to that used in TENS.
- The application of electrical stimuli at different frequencies causes the release of different endorphins. An electroacupuncture unit has been produced that varies between frequencies from 2 to 100 Hertz every 3 seconds. It’s called Hans’s Acupoint and Nerve Stimulator, Model LY257. IS available from Healthtronics in Singapore.
- Treatment for chronic pain should normally consist of electroacupuncture on the point of the hand and also on a point near the origin of the pain.
- Administration of Chlorimipramine, a tricyclic antidepressant, to the patient may increase the effectiveness of electroacupuncture.
- Electroacupuncture is most effective when one or two weekly sessions of 30 minutes each are performed. Longer or more frequent treatments can reduce their effectiveness in some cases.
- If no effects are seen after 10 treatments, acupuncture is unlikely to work, and should not be continued.
- When the level of chronic pain has been cut in half, the frequency of treatments should be reduced to one every two weeks.
- Acupuncture point detection.
- Diagnosis by electropuncture (Ryodoraku method).
- Therapeutic purposes.
- To enhance the effects of manual acupuncture in certain situations.
- Production of toning or sedation effects.
- As acupuncture analgesia in surgical interventions.
With electroacupuncture we can treat the following pathologies
- Neuropediatric syndromes such as Down syndrome, autism.
- Learning and attention disorders.
- Depression, bipolarity, anxiety.
- Cerebral Palsy.
- Refractory epilepsy.
- Deafness acquired or from birth.
- Blindness from Brain Disorder.
- Optic Nerve Disorders.
- Retina Disorders.
Electroacupuncture for weight loss
Electroacupuncture to lose weight, consists of implantation in the areas with fat from very fine needles in pairs connected to a device that generates low-frequency currents that modify the permeability of the adipocytes (fat cells) and eliminate the fat inside. . Topical products that improve transmission or contain drugs can be used simultaneously.
The technique improves local circulation, favors the local production of certain hormones that intervene in the combustion of fats and tones the skin structures. It is especially indicated in the treatment of localized and discreet cellulite and allows the correction of body volume, since it destroys fat in difficult to treat areas through diet and exercise.
It is the ideal treatment to reduce size and eliminate flaccidity, after childbirth and during lactation.
Electroacupuncture for weight loss is used to decrease localized fat deposits in order to finish shaping the body in an average of 8 to 15 sessions (depending on the weight and measurements of the patient).
- What does the procedure consist of?
The procedure consists of inserting filiform needles in the site to be treated and these are connected to the electrostimulation equipment, for a term of 15 to 20 minutes. Electrostimulation is a pleasant sensation, the patient is comfortable and can take some reading or listen to music while it lasts.
- What areas can be reduced?
Any area where there is a fat deposit, but it is especially useful in those difficult to manage places such as the lower abdomen and “rabbits”.
- Does it cause disability?
No way. The patient can continue his normal activities.