Novel coronaviruses like COVID-19 and flu or influenza are both caused by respiratory infections. Initially, there may be two similarities between the symptoms of coronas and the flu.
But the two diseases are caused by different viruses. According to Lisa Margakis, senior director of Johns Hopkins Medicine, there are many similarities and differences between the corona virus and influenza.
Similarities between the Corona virus and the flu
- Symptoms like cough, muscle aches, nausea, diarrhea are similar in both cases.
- In both cases, the magnitude of the illness may be small, severe and severe.
- Both diseases can cause pneumonia.
The spread of the disease
- Both diseases can be transmitted to other people’s bodies by coughing, sneezing or speaking while being mixed with air by small particles of water emitted from the mouth or nose.
- These two diseases can be infected by touching the eyes, nose and mouth of a person infected with the virus.
- Both influenza and coronavirus can spread before the symptoms of the two viruses become apparent. However, this has not yet been proved.
- Treatment for both diseases is not possible with antibiotics. Because antibiotics are only effective in bacterial infections.
- Treatment of two diseases is possible if fever levels can be reduced in the same manner.
- The victims may need to be hospitalized or given ventilation if needed.
Recover from disease
- In both cases, hands should be washed thoroughly with soap. In that case you should wash your hands with antiseptic soap and 3 percent alcohol sanitizer.
- Pressure on the face and use of tissue during coughing or coughing.
- Stay home alone
- Avoid the nearness of the victims
Where there is a difference between coronas and influenza
Corona is either caused by the Novel Corona virus or COVID-19. And the flu virus can be caused by multiple viruses.
The spread of the disease
- Although the coronavirus and flu spread similarly. Yet the difference is that the corona virus spreads through the air, and through the coughing of the infected people, the drops are mixed with the air. Later, even in the absence of that person, it remains alive in the air thus entering another person’s body.
- Anti-viral drugs can diagnose influenza symptoms and help reduce the duration of illness.
- On the other hand, whether anti-viral drugs are able to detect the symptoms of the coronary virus is still under study.
- Flu vaccine is available in the market. The flu can be cured by the vaccine if it is dangerous.
- Corona virus vaccine, on the other hand, has not yet been discovered. That’s why doctors are constantly trying.
- An estimated one billion people worldwide suffer from influenza.
- On the other hand, about 120,000 people are infected with coronavirus worldwide. Up to 1 March, 1 out of 5 people have had coronary symptoms in India.
Mortality and mortality rates
- The World Health Organization has said that around 1.5 people around the world have lost their lives due to coronavirus.
- Each year, around 2,500 to 1,7,7,000 people worldwide suffer from influenza. The death rate for the flu is 1.6%
Reported by the World Health Organization
- Coronavirus spreads slowly from the flu. This is probably the biggest difference between the two diseases.
- Symptoms of the flu manifest very quickly, while on the other hand it takes longer for coronary symptoms to manifest. Serial interval is less than the Corona virus in one case after another for the flu.
- The serial interval of the corona virus lasts 3-5 days, whereas the serial interval of the flu is 3 days. That is, the flu spreads more quickly.
- The coronary patient started spreading the virus 2 days later. The flu virus, on the other hand, starts spreading from the patient’s body to the body within 2 days to 3 weeks.
- Studies show that the virus can spread to the environment for up to 20 days after a coronary disease is healed.
- Two or more diseases can be infected in a person’s body after he or she has been infected.
- Flu sufferers may suffer from pneumonia.
- The flu is more commonly infected by children, while the corona virus is more prevalent by adult people.