What properties does rice have?.Rice is one of those foods that are usually consumed at the time of getting fit, that is because it is composed of complex carbohydrates, mainly starch that contribute to energy recovery . How to cook it?Cooking rice is easy, we will see different ways of doing it.
In the first place, since there is a great variety of rice, we should look at the container, to know the optimal cooking time. We will see, below, the ways of cooking it that are most used:
- Boiling rice is the most common technique, for this we must respect a minimum ratio that is: 1 cup of rice for 2.5 cups of water , putting less water would cause the rice to stick. Before adding the rice, we must wait for the water to boil, meanwhile, it is time to add a pinch of salt, a dash of oil, and depending on the tastes, a clove of garlic.
- Another technique for cooking rice is steamed , for this you need a pot, a colander and a lid. It is important to wash the rice before cooking it, as this prevents it from clumping.
- In Spain it is very typical to make paellas that go around the world, and this is another culinary technique. To prepare a rice in a paella, it is important to have a minimum of water to cover the rice, stir from time to time and add water when you see it evaporate.
And what is the recommended amount per person? A serving of rice for one person is approximately 70 grams raw. A standard cup of coffee usually equals that portion.
Ready to make a yummy dish?
White rice is perfect to accompany , meats, fish, vegetables, legumes, etc. Next, you have a well-known recipe that you usually like in every home:
Cuba style rice
- In a pot, heat the water. When it is about to boil, add a pinch of salt, the clove of garlic and a dash of oil.
- Once the water is boiling, add the rice and when it returns to boil, lower the heat, cook the rice the time indicated by the container and from time to time stir it so that it does not stick to the bottom.
- When the rice has little time left, peel the bananas and cut them vertically in half. Heat a pan with a little oil, and brown them on both sides.
- Reserve the bananas and add a little more oil. When it’s hot, you can fry the eggs.
- Once we have all the ingredients ready, serve them in one dish.
- You already have a classic and delicious dish.
Ready to prepare some rice dishes that your guests enjoy? Well, to the kitchen!