Arenaria is a plant used in natural medicine that grows spontaneously in different places characterized by being sandy , siliceous soils and in the middle of rocks . It is characterized by forming a kind of bouquet with flowers white and sometimes pink.
[ hide ]
- 1 Habitat
- 2 Properties of the Arenaria
- 1 The benefits of the Arenaria are extensive
- 3 Components of the arenaria and their medicinal benefits
- 4 Arenaria infusions
- 1 Preparation of the infusion of arenaria
- 5 Contraindications of the Arenaria
- 6 Source
It is very typical in North America and Central Europe , and very abundant in the Iberian Peninsula, especially in the Region of Murcia .
Properties of the Arenaria
The Arenaria is one of the diuretic plants par excellence, due to the fact that its flavonoid components, triterpene saponins and resins act on the renal and vesicular system , increasing diuresis, and eliminating toxins from the body.
The benefits of the Arenaria are extensive
- Being a natural diuretic, it helps eliminate fluid retention. This prevents the accumulation of liquids and thus be able to lose weight, eliminate kidney stonesand small grits that may form in the kidneys .
- It is a natural anti-inflammatory, especially for the bladder . It is ideal to reduce inflammation in the belly , in addition to discomfort caused by menstruation .
- Helps to avoid and eliminate urinary infections, thanks to its natural antiseptic effect. Thus it is an effective natural plant against cystitis.
- Reduce uric acid levels.
- It has a high content of mucilages that help weight loss by causing a satiating effect in addition to natural laxative.
Components of the arenaria and their medicinal benefits
Among the main components of the arenaria plant are anthocyanins , saponins , mineral salts , mucilages and flavonoids . The active ingredients of red arenaria give it antiseptic , diuretic , depurative and anti-inflammatory properties .
- Prevent or expel kidney stones: The arenaria is used both to prevent the appearance of kidney stones, and to make them disappear once they are lodged in the kidney. Renal lithiasis is a fairly common disease, but by frequently consuming the infusion of arenaria we can avoid the accumulation of uric salts that lead to the formation of solid material.
- Uricosuric: The arenaria plant for its purifying action also helps to eliminate waste products from the metabolism of the human body , such as uric acid .
- Antirheumatic: Rheumatic disorders that commonly affect the bones , kidneys , joints , lungs, and heart can be treated naturally with red arenaria. The pain symptoms that generally accompany these rheumatic disorders can be alleviated with an infusion of the plant.
- Weight loss diets: Like other diuretic plants, the arenaria is used in weight loss diets to eliminate fats, liquids and other waste products from the body. Of course the plant alone cannot make you lose weight, but combined with a healthy and balanced diet its effects are very remarkable.
Preparation of the infusion of arenaria
One of the ways in which the arenaria is best consumed is infusion. The infusion can serve both to use the plant for therapeutic purposes, and for a slimming regimen. It is not necessary to specify a dosage since this plant has no known adverse reactions, however, ingesting three glasses a day should be sufficient to obtain the desired therapeutic results. After heating the liter of water (without letting it come to a boil), add the 40 gr of dry sandstone and let it rest in the hot water for 5 minutes. After this time the infusion is strained and you can add a little honey to taste.
Contraindications of the Arenaria
Although there are no serious contraindications to the plant, it should be consumed with caution and avoided taking for a long time.