Eating eggs can have several beneficial effects for the body, especially if cooked properly.Eating eggs every day has health benefits. Along with a balanced diet can even bring several benefits to the body . See some of them, according to the portal Tua Saúde :
- Increased muscle mass, because it is a good source of protein;
- Prevent diseases such as cancer, as it is rich in antioxidants, such as tryptophan and tyrosine;
- Decrease the absorption of cholesterol in the intestine, as it is rich in lecithin;
- Prevent premature aging, as it is rich in selenium, zinc and vitamins A and E;
- Fight anemia, because it contains iron and folic acid;
- Protect vision, as it contains the antioxidants lutein and zeaxanthin;
- Maintain bone health, as it contains calcium and phosphorus;
- Help in the formation of the fetus’ memory and prevent breast cancer, as it contains choline;
Generally, the egg is only contraindicated in cases of allergy to albumin, which is the protein of this food, present in the white.
But to have all the benefits, you need to prepare the eggs in specific ways. Check out some of them:
1. Cooking in the microwave
An easy and practical recipe is to prepare the egg in the microwave, as it does not take oil. To do this, you must heat a deep dish in the microwave for 1 minute. Then, open the egg on the plate, season and pierce the yolk, so that it does not burst. Then, put everything in the microwave for 1 more minute.
2. Poached egg
To make the poached version, put a pot of water to boil and when the first bubbles appear, stir the water with a spoon, always turning in the same direction. Then, break the egg carefully into the pan, allowing the egg to cook like this for about 7 minutes. Finally, remove it with the help of a slotted spoon, allowing the water to drain before placing it on the plate to serve.
3. Fry egg with water
To avoid using oil, place the egg in a well-heated nonstick pan, add 1 tablespoon of water and cover the pan so that the egg cooks with steam.
4. Egg farofa
For each egg, 4 tablespoons of manioc flour, 1 tablespoon of chopped onion and half a tablespoon of oil, butter or margarine should be used. You should brown the onion in butter, add the egg and when it is almost cooked, add the flour gradually.