Raspberry ( Rubus idaeus ) . Herbaceous plant . Exotic fruit that is escaped from the cultivation of the mountainous areas of the Guamuhaya group , especially in the territory belonging to the province of Sancti Spíritus .
[ hide ]
- 1 Taxonomy
- 1 Scientific name
- 1.1 Authors
- 2 Combinations for this basonym
- 3 Synonymy
- 4 Common name
- 5 Varieties
- 1 Scientific name
- 2 Origin
- 3 Raspberry
- 4 Features
- 5 Consumption
- 6 benefits
- 7 Cultivation
- 1 Diseases
- 2 Pests
- 8 References
- 9 Sources
- Rubus idaeus L. 
- Linnaeus, Carl von
- Posted in: Species Plantarum 1: 492–493. 1753. (1 May 1753 ) 
Combinations for this basonym
- Batidea idaea (L.) Nieuwl. 
- Rubus idaeus subsp. vulgatus Arrh. 
- Batidaea vulgaris Nieuwl.
- Rubus fragans Salisb.
- Rubus framboesianus Lam.
- Rubus sericeus Gilib. 
- Raspberry, raspberry
There are some varieties of raspberry, such as American, black or European raspberry. It is not usually cultivated, although at present varieties that are obtained from the species mentioned above have appeared.
Native to Europe .
It is the common name of certain plants of the Rosaceae family that produce hat-shaped fruits called raspberries that, when picked from the plant, separate from the peduncle or flower receptacle.
It has slender, prickly stems and leaves with serrated edges; They are green on the top and white on the underside. The flowers are small and greenish, grouped in clusters in the axils of the leaves. Raspberries are native to the northern temperate zone and require climates without extreme temperatures .
They are consumed fresh and in the form of homemade and industrial preserves, and are used to make flavors and syrups , as well as to make sweets and flavor ice creams. The foliage is an excellent food for rabbits.
- It favors the absorption of ironfrom food and resistance to infections.
- It prevents the appearance of degenerative diseaseslike cancer .
- It is a highly recommended fruitto be ingested by pregnant women.
- It prevents and improves allergies and, above all, helps people with anemia.
- The leaves are used against irritation of the throat.
Raspberry is a shrub that is usually grown in temperate climates, as it withstands low winter and high summer temperatures. The rainfall should be around 700-900 mm, spread over the whole year because the water concentration at certain times can impair the strength of the fruit. The species appreciates nutrient-rich, deep, fresh, well-drained soils with siliceous-clay substrates and slightly acidic or neutral pH . It is a fast growing shrub that can be planted in autumn or immediately before spring.. Each specimen needs supports to support its ramifications, since the stems collapse due to the weight of its leaves and fruits, breaking. The most suitable pieces for this fastening are post trellises and wires. Raspberries should be picked when they have a reddish appearance, consistent texture and easy detachment from their receptacle that will remain attached to the stem, although for industrial production the whole fruit is cut.
The main diseases are mosaic, of viral origin, anthracnose and raspberry orange rust.
- Aphidsor aphids.
- Stem galls (larva of a cecidomic insect, lasioptera rubi).
- Stem debarking (larvae of the thomasiniana theobaldi insect)
- Antonón de las flores (it is a small black beetle beetle)
- Fruit worms (Coleoptera byturus tomentosus and byturus fumatus)