The me-nobody-can is a plant of the Araceae family that can cause severe intoxication if it is ingested or comes into contact with skin and eyes.
Many plants have substances that can damage human and other animal health when ingested or even touched . This is a way of protecting the plant against herbivory , therefore, it is an important adaptation for these organisms. To prevent poisoning, we need to be aware and avoid contact with these toxic plants . Next, we’ll talk about me-anyone-can, a plant widely used in the ornaments tion that can cause a number of accidents.
The me-nobody-can, plant of the genus Dieffenbachia ssp., Belonging to the family Araceae , is a species found in gardens. It stands out for its large and showy leaves, greenish color and full of white spots. The beauty of its leaves is its greatest attraction for ornamental use, in addition to the popular belief that these species ward off the “evil eye”.
The me-nobody-can is a plant that should be grown in the shade or half shade and receive water frequently. These species are quite sensitive to low temperatures.
Regarding the toxicity of the me-nobody-can, we must highlight the presence of calcium oxalate crystals and substances that cause allergic reactions. The crystals of calcium oxalate, which are mainly in the form of raffids (needle-shaped), leave the plant and end up piercing the skin and mucous membranes, this being a mechanical action. When causing these perforations, these crystals cause contact with substances produced by the plant, such as dumbcaína, which triggers an inflammatory process. Therefore, intoxication by me-nobody-can is due to mechanical and chemical actions.
Symptoms of intoxication by me-nobody-can
The me-nobody-can can cause problems in contact with the skin, eyes and when ingested.
- Eye toxicity: Upon contact with the eyes, pain, swelling, watering, conjunctivitis, discomfort with light, involuntary contraction of the eyelid and corneal lesions are observed.
- Dermal exposure: The contact of the plant with the skin can cause inflammation (dermatitis), ranging from mild to burns and blistering.
- Ingestion of the plant: Ingestion is the most common case of intoxication by me-nobody-can and usually affects children who do not know the properties of this plant. When ingested, pain, swelling of the tongue and lips, intense salivation and difficulty swallowing occur. Nausea, vomiting and diarrhea may also appear. In more severe cases, edema in the glottis, obstruction of the larynx and consequent difficulty in breathing may occur, which can lead to death.
- Your email marketing doesn't work because nobody SEE…
- Women's Day: what nobody tells you on this day, but…
- What nobody tells about being a good salesman
- Trainer (cheats) for One Punch Man: A Hero Nobody Knows
- ITunes is one of the greatest benefits obtained when…
- Many people like to write, they make a living from…