Larb salad . It is a meat or fish salad , previously marinated in lime juice with garlic , chili pepper , mint , herbs. It is served with sticky rice. This salad is made in different versions with minced meat of pork , chicken , veal , duck or crumbled fish … It can be varied depending on taste. The aroma and freshness of some of the ingredients that compose it such as coriander , lime juice , ginger , mintor citronella (or lemongrass) makes it very easy to eat on hot Laotian days . Extremely refreshing.
[ hide ]
- 1 Other denominations
- 2 Recipe
- 1 Ingredients
- 3 Preparation
- 1 Meat version
- 4 Sources
For four persons:
- 4 of white fish fillets .
- 50 grams of rice for sushi boiled.
- 1/2 bunch of chives, chopped.
- 1 garlic clove , minced
- 75 grs coriander leaves, cut.
- 75 grs mint leaves cut.
- 75 g Asian / Thai basil leaves .
- 1 tablespoon of fish sauce .
- 1 chilli chopped.
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar .
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger .
- 2 limes (juice).
- 1 stalk of lemongrass (lemon grass) in sheets.
- 1 pinch of salt .
- Lettuce leaves to serve.
- Ground roasted peanuts (optional).
- Cut the fish into very small pieces, like minced. Pour the juice of the files over the top and let it rest until it is opaque. When ready, remove the remaining lime juice and put the fish in a bowl.
- Sauté the rice in a frying pan with oil and then grind it with the mincer, the finer the better.
- Add all the ingredients in the bowl containing the fish. Mix everything.
- Serve with whole lettuce leaves and fill these leaves with all of the above mixture.
- Sprinkle ground peanuts on top.
Vertion with meat
Any rice can be served, but the more glutinous the better. If you decide to make the meat version, you must pass the meat through a mincer. In a skillet, sauté until done and drain off any liquid. When it has cooled, mix with the rest of the ingredients. You can also take advantage of meat left over from other food to chop it and make the carnivorous version of this dish so fresh. It can be served with or without lettuce leaves , with cucumber pieces , with peanuts