Mimosa salad . Layers of carrot , fish , potatoes and grated hard-boiled egg, covered with mayonnaise . This salad is known in Russia as mimosa salad and has an attractive appearance that decorates any party table. The ingredients are more accessible and affordable. The mimosa salad looks very decorative due to the layers of colors that do not mix, and does not need additional decorations.
[ hide ]
- 1 Meaning of the name
- 2 Ingredients
- 3 Preparation
- 4 Sources
Meaning of the name
Behind the sweet name of Mimosa hides a Soviet salad that has held a special place in the hearts and tables of several Russian generations. The name of this dish is due to the resemblance of the salad with its namesake flower, mimosa. These flowers are very special for Russians, because almost every Russian woman received a gift bouquet of mimosa for March 8 , that is, International Women’s Day, which was celebrated in the USSR and in Russia for a good part of the century. XXand until now. History has not preserved the name of the author of this wonderful creation. The exact date of birth of this dish is also unknown, but it is believed that it first appeared in the late 1960s-1970s.
- 200 gr of canned fish, ( tuna , bonito or other canned fish)
- 300 gr of Potato
- 200 gr of Carrot
- 150 gr of onion
- 4 eggs
- Boil the potatoes and carrots until well cooked. Let them cool and clean.
- Cut the onion and leave it in a bowl, fill the bowl with boiling water and let it rest for about ten minutes. After ten minutes, drain and rinse with cold water.
- Grate the carrot and the potato with the fine grater.
- We separate the whites and the yolks and grate them also with the fine grater.
- Drain the oil from the canned tuna and with a fork make a kind of puree.
- We take a salad bowl and put the first layer of tuna and mayonnaise.
- In the second layer we put the whites and the mayonnaise .
- The third layer is carrot and mayonnaise
- On top of the carrot we put the onion
- On top of the onion, the potato, season with salt and pepper and spread with mayonnaise.
- And in the last layer we place the grated yolks.