When you change your smartphone, one of the most important operations is to transfer your phone book from the old device to the new one. In the event that the data transfer takes place from Android to iOS (we have already talked about how to transfer contacts from iPhone to Android ), although it is not a complex procedure, it is good that the level of attention to be paid is slightly higher than usual. This is because it is very easy to miss a few steps and therefore lose your phone numbers altogether. If you are wondering how to transfer the phonebook from Android smartphone to iPhone , you are in the right place. In this article we will show you all the various procedures to do this.
- App Switch to iOS
- Synchronize your Google account
- VCF file
App Switch to iOS
To facilitate the passage of data and contacts from Android device to iPhone, Apple has developed a special application, available on the Play Store , which allows you to do this in a few simple steps:
- Once you have downloaded the Switch to iOS application on your Android device, on your new iPhone tap on the Migrate data from Android item , present in the App and data tab , during the initial configuration of the iPhone.
- Open Switch to iOS on your Android phone , tap Continue and immediately after on Accept to confirm the terms and conditions of use .
- Once this is done, press Next on the Find your code screen , in order to send a temporary code consisting of 6 or 10 digits to the iPhone.
- Once the code is displayed on the iOS device, you will have to write it down on the Android smartphone and, from the menu that will open, you will have to check the Contacts section and confirm your choice by tapping the Next button .
- Once the address book has been loaded, simply tap on the End button on the Android smartphone and then, on the iPhone, click Continue and complete the configuration.
Synchronize the Google account
If your contacts are stored on the Google account , then what you will need to do is synchronize the latter with the new device, so as to transport the contacts from Gmail to iPhone . To do this, you will need a few simple steps:
- open the iPhone settings and go to the Contacts tab ;
- at this point, tap on the Account item , then select Add account ;
- once you have logged into your Google account, you will have to select what you intend to synchronize with the new device, therefore you will have to activate the switch located next to the Contacts option and finally tap on the Save button .
In this way the contacts will be synchronized completely automatically and will be immediately available in the address book of your iPhone.
Another method to be able to move the address book from Android to iOS is to create a VCF file . This file stores the contacts present on your Android device, so that it can then be sent to iPhone and allow the export of contacts. To do this you will have to follow the following steps:
- on your Android device go to the address book and tap on the three dots at the top right ;
- Once this is done, select the Address Book Sharing item and put the check mark on all the contacts you intend to export;
- at this point you will have to press the Share button and choose File sharing mode , which will automatically create a .vcf file which will contain all the contacts you selected previously;
- once the file has been transferred to your iPhone, you will have to open it and automatically all the contacts present will be included in the address book.
Among the various options available to move the phone book from Android to iOS there is also the one that provides for the help of the telephone SIM . To do this you will need to:
- open the address book on your Android phone, tap on the three dots at the top right and select Manage contacts ;
- then you will have to press the Move contacts item , check the Phone or Google items and select all the contacts you want to move;
- once this is done, you will have to press on Done and then select the SIM item and then tap the Move button .
At this point you will have to wait for the upload to complete and then remove the SIM card from the Android device and insert it into the iPhone. You will then automatically see your contacts appear in the iOS address book.