Instagram stories allow you to share great moments in your life, advertise a brand or share publications from other users. You can really share an Instagram post, whenever and whenever you want. But you may want to preview your stories before posting them , to make a compelling impact.
And the thing is, Instagram Stories are already so famous, that in this post we will explain how to share an Instagram post in your story easily and quickly.
Steps to share an Instagram post to my story
Before sharing an Instagram post on your story you need to know two things:
- First, you can only share posts from public accounts , which must have the “Allow sharing” option active . This option will allow any user to have the possibility to share the publications.
- Second, you can share the story of other users in your story, only if that user has the “Allow sharing” option activated in their story controls. In addition, said user must mention you in his story; If these two conditions do not occur you will never be able to republish a story from another user.
Something important that you can take into account is that you can hide your stories from a person , whom you do not want to see that information. Next, you will need to take these steps to share the information in your story:
- Enter the Instagram app from your mobile device.
- Select the post you want to share in your story.
- Below the image you will see three icons; click on the icon of a paper plane (Send).
- Then you will see a menu on the screen, select “Add publication to your story . “
- In this menu you can also share the publication through the chat on Instagram Direct.
- The publication will appear in the Instagram stories editor ; where you can give an original touch to the publication with stickers, text, make drawings, add color and animated GIFs.
- You can also modify the size and position of the image; that is to say; you can move it, rotate it, make it smaller or larger.
Something that you can add to your Instagram profile is, put quick reactions and like it in the stories . And after you have edited the image you want to mount in your story, follow these steps:
- When you have finished editing the image to your liking, click on the “Send to” button in the lower right corner.
- You will see a new menu called “Share” there you must look for the “History” section.
- In this section you will see the option «Your story» and on the right side a blue «Share» button , click on this button.
- Now you will see that this button will change to Shared indicating that the publication has already been shared to your story. To finish the process, click on the blue “Done” button at the bottom of the screen.
Followers who see your story will be able to click on the post and see a bubble appear that says “View Post”; If they click on that option they will be redirected immediately to the original publication where you can obtain more information about the image and the account that published it.
It is also important that you know that when you republish an image from another account, the name of the user who originally posted it will appear below the image; But if you don’t mention that account in your story, the user who owns the account will never receive a notification that you’ve shared that image.
How do I activate the “Allow sharing” option on my Instagram account?
If you have a public account, be it because you promote a brand, spread inspiring phrases or publish relevant information, it would be ideal if you activated the option “Allow sharing”; This function will allow your followers to help you spread your brand, product or your information.
- Within your Instagram application, go to the lower right corner and click on the icon of a human figure .
- Once in your profile panel, click on the three stripes that are in the upper right corner.
- A side menu will appear, click on “Settings” and then select “Privacy” .
- Now you must select «History» .
- Look for the “Shared content” section ; where you will see three options that you can modify so that your publications can be shared with your followers. You can also activate the option so that your stories are automatically shared on your Facebook account.
Using the “allow sharing” tool is a strategy that has helped many influencers to grow within Instagram; and many companies to spread their brand and products among thousands of users who use this social network. So go ahead and activate and share stories in a group , to gain more publicity.
Do not stop publishing images or videos on your Instagram Stories, enjoy this fabulous function that Instagram has made available to you so that you can share moments, phrases, videos or relevant information with other users of this social network.