You must have backed up conversations on your old device.Nothing is more exciting than changing your cell phone , however, one of the most time-consuming and ‘boring’ processes is the transfer of information from the old to the new device.Even it can be frustrating loss of some of these data, for example, talks of WhatsApp , which may include, links, photos, videos, documents and valuable messages.
However, the most used instant messaging network in Latin America with 5.6 billion downloads since its launch in 2014, has a solution to prevent this from happening: backup of conversations.
This tool, which is a reserve of the original data, is used to recover WhatsApp messages in case of loss, theft, damage or change of your smartphone.The messaging application saves these copies in Google Drive (the cloud), that is, in your Gmail account.
When downloading the application on a new cell phone, it is possible that, if this backup has not been restored, the chats with which you were talking will appear but without any messages or multimedia content inside.
This is the step by step you must follow if you want to restore the last backup you have made of your conversations in case you have lost the information within them:
- Download the WhatsApp application from the Google Play Store or App Store.
- Enter your phone number in the application and complete the information requested by the messaging network to access your account.
- Select ‘Continue’ when the following message appears: “To find and restore your backup from Google Drive, allow WhatsApp to access your device’s contacts, photos, multimedia content and files.”
This step is Important because if you select ‘Not now’ you may not be able to recover your conversations and you may have to download the application again.
- Then you must select ‘Grant permission’ when WhatsApp asks for one-time access to the contacts, photos, multimedia content and files on the device.
- Choose the Gmailaccount in which you have saved your backup and grant the respective permission to the app for access.
- Finally, when WhatsApp finds the backup, select ‘Restore’ so that the messaging network shows the content of your conversations again. This process can take a few minutes.