Emails are essential today, so you can feel distressed when you don’t remember your email password; But do not worry, it has happened to all of us, so this tutorial will explain how to recover my Gmail account if I forgot my password? – Easy and fast .
Steps to recover Gmail account by forgetting password
If you created your Gmail email , and you don’t remember your password. Then click on the phrase “Forgot your password?” found below the blue “Login” button.
- A new page will appear where it will ask you to write the last password you remember; Although this step does not solve your problem, it confirms to Google that you are the owner of the account and want to recover it. If you remember the password, write it down and click “Next”; If you don’t remember, click on “Try a different question”.
- You can recover your account through an SMS or call ; click on one of these two options to receive a code from Google. If you choose SMS you will receive a message with a code and if you choose to call the automatic system will dictate a code; enter this code and click «Next», you can immediately change your password.
- If your phone number is not up to date, click on “Try a different question”.
- The other method is to use an alternative email , this email address is the one you entered when you created your account; If you have an alternative email, click “Send” and you will immediately receive a code. Enter that 6-digit code in Gmail and hit “Next” to change the password.
- If you don’t have an alternative email, click on «Try a new question».
- If the previous methods have failed, write an email address to which you have access so that Google can contact you through that email.
- Google will send you a code to that email to make sure that you are the one who is carrying out the process and secondly it will indicate other steps to follow. If Google determines that you do not have enough information, unfortunately you will not be able to recover your account.
Recovering your Gmail account using your Android device
If you created your Gmail account with your Android device , you can use it to easily recover your account. These are the steps to follow:
- When the image of a mobile phone appears in the password recovery form and the question Do you have your phone? that is the method you should use to recover your password using your Android.
- Click on ‘Yes’.
- You will immediately see a window on your mobile asking you if you are trying to log in from another computer ?; click ‘Yes’ .
- Head back to the PC and proceed to change the password.
Tips to protect your Gmail account password
Next, we briefly give you some tips to make your Gmail account more secure , and thus avoid being hacked.
- Use a different password than the other online services. These are important because your email account contains confidential information that can be of great use to cybercriminals. So if the other online services are hacked your Gmail account will be protected.
- Use complex passwords with numbers, special characters, uppercase and lowercase letters; never use personal information like date of birth, name or phone number to create a password.
- Do not save your password in the browser, because third parties can have access to your account.
- Do not share your Gmail account with third parties or your password.
- Do not open emails from recipients you do not know or click on suspicious links; as cybercriminals use these methods to steal personal data.
- Use antivirus on your PC , mobile device or tablet.
- Frequently update the browser, operating system, software and the app.
- Keep your recovery phone number and email updated in your Gmail account; this will be useful to recover your password.
- Activate 2-Step Verification.
- Never give information from your Gmail account to people who contact you saying they are from Gmail or Google technical service. Gmail and Google will never ask you for personal information in mail, messages or calls.
Since you read this article, when you recover your account you can close the Gmail session on your devices from your cell phone or PC. So never stop using your Gmail account because you forgot your password. Follow the steps in this tutorial to easily and easily recover your account and thus continue enjoying the benefits that Gmail offers you.