Your profession may sometimes require you to record a phone call so that you can listen to the conversation again. This may not be your profession – perhaps you would like to memorize a phone call, as we do with photographs.
Most modern smartphone manufacturers have made it easy to record and store your calls as audio recordings. If you can’t find this option on your phone, there are other ways, so read on to find out what it is.
Call Recorder on Samsung Galaxy A50
Similar models may not have this feature, but the Samsung Galaxy A50 makes it easy to save your conversations so you can listen to them later. How? Follow these steps:
- You can record both incoming and outgoing calls. Start a call by dialing or pressing to receive an incoming call.
- During a call, you will see a three-dot icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Click on this icon to open the menu.
- Select Record.
If this is your first time recording a call, you will need to agree to the terms of the call recording. The next time, this process will start automatically.
How to record selected calls
If you don’t want to record all calls, but only selected ones, you can configure the call recording option this way.
- Tap the Phoneapp to open it, then tap the three-dot icon in the upper right corner.
- In this menu select ” Settings“.
- Find the CallRecorder tab and tap to have your phone automatically record calls.
- If you select this option, choose one of the following options: Record calls from all numbers in your contact list, from the selected contact list, or only from unknown numbers that are not in your contact list.
To access the saved entries, go to the internal memory of the phone and find the folder “Call”.
Using Google Voice
There is also a way to record your calls using Google Voice. The only problem is that you cannot record outgoing calls with this app, only incoming calls.
Make sure you have a Google Voice account to start using it to record conversations. To configure this feature, follow these steps:
- Launch the Google Voicesite .
- There is a gearicon in the upper right corner .
- When you click on it, a drop-down menu will appear – select ” Settings“.
- Open Settingsand select Calls .
- Find the registration box and mark it.
- Now you can record incoming calls.
To record incoming calls, you need to press 4 on the keyboard. You must do the same to stop recording. This action automatically saves the entry to your mailbox.
Please note that the app will notify the other person that the conversation is being recorded – they hear the same message as you. Make sure they agree with you to record the call.
Other ways to record calls
If for some reason the built-in option doesn’t work on your Galaxy A50, you can try some of these alternatives.
- During a phone call, switch the call to speakerphone. Then leave the call and open the Voice Recorder app. Hit the record button and you’re done. The sound may not be as clear as you would like, but you will be able to understand what the person is saying.
- Go to the Google Play Store and download an app that allows your phone to record calls. These third-party apps are very popular, but before making a decision, check the reviews and features the app offers.
Is Call Recording Legal?
The other person should know that you are recording a conversation in most US states. If you’re using Google Voice, they’ll get notified automatically, but if you don’t, the only way is to let them know.
Make sure you remember to do this, and don’t record the conversation if the other person disagrees. Unauthorized call recording can be troublesome as it is considered illegal in many states.