Windows 10 added several features to the feature stack that was available in the previous version of Windows.One such feature is the ability to install Graphics Tools as an add-on feature to the operating system. These functions are not included in the supplied product, but you can easily install them as you wish. It is important to note that these features are optional and their absence does not affect your system in any way.
What are charting tools?
Graphics tools can be used to take advantage of the runtime graphics diagnostic capabilities and Visual Studio to develop DirectX applications or games . It also includes the ability to create Direct3D debug devices (via the Direct3D SDK Layers) at runtime DirectX, as well as graphics debugging, frame analysis, and GPU utilization.
There may be times when you require a minimal set of graphing tools, such as in the following scenarios:
- Create API trace scripts or run regression testing on a lab computer.
- Installing the D3D SDK Layers
- Using the DXCAP Command Line Tool to Capture and Play a D3D Graphic Log File
At times like these, Windows 10 Graphics Tools can be of great help. To install Graphics Tools on your Windows 10 PC, follow these steps.
Install or remove graphics tools in Windows 10
- Press the Windows Key + Ikeyboard shortcut to open the Settingsapp and click System .
- In the System Preferences window, click Applications & Featuresin the left pane.
- Now, on the right sidebar, click Manage Advanced Featuresat the top, as shown in the picture above. This will open up all the additional features that have already been added to your computer.
- Now, in the Manage Advanced Featureswindow, click Add Feature. Here, in addition to the graphical tools, you can add multiple fonts as well as the Insider Hub .
- Find Graphics Toolsand click on it.
Now hit the Install button to enable the feature on your PC.
That’s all you need to do to add this feature to your Windows 10 PC.
If you wish, you can easily remove Graphical Instruments from the Advanced Features Management window by clicking the Remove button .