In today’s article we are going to see how to activate or deactivate the Windows 10 game bar in an extremely simple and especially fast way, since with a few clicks you will have this option enabled or disabled.
What is the game bar for ? Basically it is a function that allows us to record our games in the background. You can also broadcast in director (streaming) take screenshots or go to the Xbox app.
Although sometimes it can be something useful. Most of us are not interested in this bar, since all we want is to enjoy our favorite game to relax for a while.
So this bar is not useful to us at all. What we will do is deactivate it and we will also deactivate Game DVR that serves to record the screen in the background. In case you want to activate it. Don’t worry because it is the same process for both.
In the configuration part of Windows you can activate or deactivate the game bar and also Game DVR so that it is no longer a nuisance every time you start your favorite game. We are going to see in detail everything you need to do to be able to disable or enable this Windows 10 function.
How to inhabit or disable game bar in Windows 10
- The first thing we are going to have to do is go to ” Start ” or press the ” Windows ” key on your physical keyboard.
- You will be able to appreciate that a menu with many options is displayed. Here we will have to press on the icon in the form of a gear or cogwheel that is located on the left of the screen.
- It opens the ” Windows Settings ” window where we will have many options. Although the one we are going to select is ” Games “.
- Once inside the game settings. What we must do is click on ” Game bar” on the left side of the screen.
- The first option is the one that interests us ” Record clips, screenshots and broadcast with the game bar ” simply move the switch to deactivate or activate this option.
How to enable or disable Game DVR
In case you also want to disable ” Game DVR ” you have to do the same as in the previous tutorial. The only thing that in the sidebar you will have to select “Game DVR” which is under “Game Bar”.
In ” Background recording ” you will find the option to activate or deactivate this feature which can be annoying. Since recording in the background can consume many resources of our system. Something that, when we are playing, is not exactly pleasant.
But as you can see, deactivating or activating the game bar is something extremely simple in Windows 10 that shouldn’t take more than a few seconds. After this if you want to restart the computer to make sure that the changes are applied, it would be best.
You will no longer have to deal with that annoying bar that many of us are not interested in having at all and you will be able to continue enjoying all the games that you have installed on your computer without any kind of problem or with Game DVR running in the background , something which is appreciated, especially when we are enjoying heavy games.
We hope you have no doubts about how to disable or enable Game Bar and Game DVR in Windows 10 . Also, if you have questions, the comments section below is the right place to ask them and together we can help each other improve our experience with Windows 10