Instructions for smartphones, tablets and computers.
Videos on the Internet are copyrighted. Sometimes owners won’t mind downloading published content, but most of the time authors won’t.
You can upload your own videos without violation, as well as videos covered by the free Creative Commons CC0 (Public Domain) and CC BY (Attribution) license.
In all other situations, we do not recommend doing this.
How to download a video from VKontakte to any device using a downloader site
A simple and convenient way that does not require the installation of any programs and works on all devices. The only exceptions are devices running iOS 12 and older. If you have one of them, you will have to install the Documents application from the last paragraph of this article.
If you’re downloading videos on an iPhone with iOS 13 or later, or an iPad with iPadOS, be sure to use Safari. Other browsers on Apple devices do not allow downloading videos from the web.
- Copy the video link.
- Go to any of these web downloaders: GetVideo.at , Video Grabber , BitDownloader , GetVideo.org (mobile only).
- Paste the previously copied link into the text box.
- Click on the download button and, if possible, select the video quality.
- Wait for the video to be saved to your device.
If the browser does not download the content, but opens it in a new tab, do the following:
- On a computer: right-click on the video and use the “Save …” command.
- On an Android device: hold your finger on the video and tap on the “Download video” line.
- On iPhone or iPad: return to the page with the download button, hold it down and select “Download file from link”.
How to download a video from “VKontakte” to a computer using a browser extension
Below the video is an example of a download button
This method allows you to download videos to your computer in a couple of clicks.
- Install any of the following plugins .
- Open the video page.
- Click on the download button that appears under the player or to the right of it directly on the VKontakte website
How to download a video from VKontakte to an Android device using a mobile application
It is convenient to download videos to Android devices using special programs. Let’s list those that are most popular on Google Play. All three apps are available for free, but they show ads.
You will have to connect your VKontakte account to this program. After that, it will allow you to download videos from the news feed, groups, search and other sections of the social network.
- Click “Download” next to the video.
- Select the video quality.
- Wait for the download to finish.
How to download a video from “VKontakte” to an iPhone or iPad using the Documents application
The Documents file manager is the best program to download videos on old Apple gadgets. It’s free and doesn’t get boring with ads.
- Copy the link to the video.
- Open Documents and click on the blue icon in the lower right corner to launch the built-in browser .
- Open Documents GetVideo.org or any other downloader site listed at the beginning of this article.
- Paste the copied link and click on the download button.
- Choose a video quality if possible.
- Wait while the content is saved on your device.
The finished item will appear in the Downloads folder inside Documents. If you want to move it to the device gallery, click on the three dots next to the video file and choose Move → Photo.