You are interested in the idea of keeping your home according to current technology, so smart bulbs are something you should consider, in which case Ikea Tradfri bulbs are a great option, so through the following tutorial we will teach How to connect smart bulbs from Ikea Tradfri to a Philips Hue Bridge?
Ikea Tradfri smart light bulbs stand out for offering an economical solution for anyone who wants a smart light bulb system. In addition, they are compatible with the famous Philips Hue Bridge system, without a doubt, one of the best options if you want to enter the world of this type of device.
Ikea Tradfri bulbs and the Philips Hue Bridge system
Ikea has always stood out for offering a large number of home products at great prices and in recent months, the Ikea Tradfri smart bulbs have stood out as a best-seller.
Undoubtedly, one of the qualities that makes them stand out from the rest of the products is, first of all, their price and also their compatibility with what is perhaps one of the most complete systems for connecting and controlling smart bulbs, the Philips Hue Bridge.
What is Philips Hue Bridge?
Philips is one of the most recognized companies in the world of technology, They offer products ranging from televisions and mini components to light bulbs. Sure enough, Philips have also entered the world of smart bulbs , offering lots of options to the general public.
Anyway, this time, we will talk about one of its most interesting products for the world of smart bulbs. We refer to Philips Hue Bridge, a product designed to control and connect up to 50 smart bulbs, undoubtedly one of the most important representatives in this type of device.
One of the advantages of Philips Hue Bridge is that it offers very easy settings, smart controls and is even compatible with platforms such as Alexa and the Google assistant, with which we can give directions directly with our voice.
It should be noted that Philips Hue Bridge does not work only with Philips brand bulbs. In fact, it stands out for offering control and compatibility with many smart bulbs, including those that stand out for having low prices, such as the Ikea Tradfri smart bulbs .
How to connect Ikea Tradfri smart bulbs to a Philips Hue Bridge?
Ikea Tradfri bulbs are an economical and functional option for smart bulbs. They also stand out for having compatibility with the Philips Hue Bridge system. Through the following tutorial we will teach you how to configure your Philips Hue Bridge and connect it directly with Ikea Tradfri smart bulbs.
- The first thing you should do is connect the Philips Hue Bridge to your router using the ethernet cable provided in the product box. Turn on the appliance and wait until all four lights are on, after which the setup will begin.
- If for some reason you have cable problems, remember that you can make an ethernet cable (but this is for emergencies only), let’s continue.
- Now you need to download the official Philips Hue Bridge app available for Android and iPhone. You must realize that it is the original application, otherwise it will not work.
- Launch the application from your mobile device, after which it will start searching for the Philips Hue Bridge. Once you have found it, it is time to configure, the device will show you on the screen what to do next.
- When the configuration process is finished, a small light bulb will be displayed on your mobile screen, this is where you must connect the Ikea Tradfri bulbs to the Philips Hue Bridge. Make sure the bulbs are on and press the plus (+) button .
- Now you must click on the “Search” option . After this, all the bulbs represented in the app should appear. If not, you can add it according to your serial number.
- After the previous process, you must configure the bulbs to your liking, choosing those functions, colors and other aspects that you want to configure.