If you have problems related to the Windows network, then we recommend that you read the following information in which we will talk about How to connect a Network drive in Windows 10 if you can not? , Solving once and for all this annoying common problem.
The Windows 10 local networking system
Windows 10 has a local networking system that could be very useful in certain circumstances. Through it it is possible to share files , share devices such as printers / scanners, change the name of the local network and many other things.
Either way, Windows networks tend to have problems, often making file transfers and other basic tasks impossible. This is undoubtedly something quite frustrating that unfortunately most Windows users have had to suffer.
In any case, there are some solutions and alternatives so that you can transfer your files through your home network very easily. To learn more about it read the following information.
How to connect a Network drive in Windows 10 if you can’t?
Unfortunately Windows usually has problems when sharing files and folders on a local network , but there are some measures that we can apply, such as the one we will show you below.
- If you are experiencing network related issues, try the following, head to Windows 10 explorer.
- On the left side of the screen, right at the end, the option “Network” should appear . Here you can access the settings related to local networks. This time you must right-click and select the option “Connect to network drive.”
- The “Map network drive” section will be displayed on the screen , and the system will ask you to provide a virtual storage drive that you must assign by letter. On the other hand, at the bottom it is necessary to indicate the address of the equipment to which you want to connect.
- When you carry out all the previous steps, click on the “Finish” option and you should be able to access that network drive that you could not otherwise access.
On the other hand, also in relation to Windows networks, we recommend that you read the list with the best CMD commands for networks , with which you can solve many common problems.
Finally, it is also convenient that you know how to disconnect a network drive with CMD in Windows 10 , in the event that you no longer use its functions.
Another option for exchanging files in Windows 10 with other computers on a network
Windows does not have the best local networking system, in fact it tends to have many flaws that easily frustrate operating system users. Given this, we want to introduce you to another option that could be very useful, especially if you want to share files between computers through the router network.
We refer to the Filedrop application , a very simple but efficient application with which you will be able to share files without major inconveniences, freeing yourself from the annoyances that Microsoft’s network system can present. To use the application you will need to follow the instructions below.
Download and install Filedrop
- The first thing to do is get the application through the following link Filedrop . Just click on the three lines located above and to the left and then select “Download for Windows” .
- Once you have downloaded the program, you need to install it, the installation process is very simple. You just have to click on “Next” until the program is installed.
- Repeat the above procedure with each of the computers on your network and they are ready to exchange files between them.
- The operation of the program is basic but effective, you just have to open the application on each of the computers and drag those files or folders that you want to share .
- On the computer that is receiving the files, it may be necessary to accept the receipt of the files. After this, the transfer of files through the network will begin, being able to share various documents very easily.