If you notice that your Joystick is not working properly and responds wrongly, then you should learn How to configure and calibrate the Joystick in games in Windows 10? Process that we will teach through the following tutorial.
Calibrating our controllers or Joysticks is completely necessary after connecting an Xbox 360 controller to the PC or other features, in the event that it is having problems since otherwise it will not be possible to play comfortably. Calibration is a fairly simple process and Windows presents all the tools you will need to carry it out without any problem.
In any case, if you have doubts in relation to the calibration process of a Joystick , don’t worry, because we will tell you step by step how this essential procedure is for video game lovers.
What is Joystick Calibration?
Joysticks or controls are input peripherals for PCs , they are analog devices that capture our movements to represent them in video games. It is through them that we can interact with our virtual worlds.
Devices can lose precision over time, become misconfigured, or simply not work properly with computers. This is why calibration is essential , because without it the control of our Joysticks would be greatly reduced.
But what is calibration? We call calibrate the process with which we can reconfigure the precision of our controls in case they do not work correctly. This is necessary when you notice that your character in the video game moves only in one direction, it is in this case that it will be essential to calibrate your Joystick.
How to configure and calibrate the Joystick in games in Windows 10?
Undoubtedly, having a discalibrated Joystick can be quite annoying, since it will not respond precisely to the movements we make in our video games. Given this, there is no other option but to calibrate the device, a process that can be made very easy through the options that Windows 10 presents us.
Calibrate the Windows 10 Joystick through the control panel.
- The first thing you should do is go to the “Control Panel” , this can be done by pressing the start button and looking directly for said option. When you find it, click on it and you will be directed to the various system configuration options.
- Connect your Joystick and go to the “Devices and Printers” section. Here they should easily locate their control.
- When you have found it, right click on the Joystick icon and then on the first option “Gaming Device Settings” .
- A new screen will be displayed, in this you must click on the option “Properties”, click on it.
- On the next screen, you should go to the “Test” section . In the upper part the axes will be shown, without another that the sticks are slightly inclined towards one of the sides, this means that the Joystick is out of calibration.
- To solve this problem go to the “Configuration” section. Now you must click on “Calibrate”.
- The device calibration wizard will appear on the screen, click on “Next”.
- Here you will need to leave the Joystick idly for a moment and then press any button.
- On the next screen you will be asked to move the control lever (s) in circles, then press any button.
- Again you will have to leave the lever in the center , that is, do nothing and press any button on the device. After this the calibration will have been completed successfully.
If you follow all the steps that Windows indicates to you, you will be able to play correctly again using your controller or Joystick . It is something that we recommend in the event that you feel that the precision of your control has been reduced.
Once the process is complete, you will be able to play Fortnite with a generic controller on the PC without major problems, in addition to any other title you want to enjoy.