Windows 10 is the operating system that has been used the most in recent years, with a wide variety of functionalities that make it a great tool. For users it is important to have as much customization as possible to be able to have things the way they like.
That is why Windows has enabled the option to choose the administrator’s name, which will also be the folder where all the user’s files are saved . In this way, people can customize their Windows 10 according to the need they have, be it a business or personal account.
In this article we will explain how to know and change the username and administrator in Windows 10 in an easy and simple way. You just follow the steps to be able to identify your session as you want.
- Procedure to know the username and administrator in Windows 10
- How to change username and administrator in Windows 10?
Procedure to know the username and administrator in Windows 10
There are 3 easy ways to know the username and administrator without the need for many steps . We will explain each of these ways in detail below.
Using the task manager
- We open the Task Manager. This can be done by pressing Ctrl + Alt + Del or by right-clicking on the taskbar and selecting Task Manager from the drop-down menu.
- Once the Task Manager has been displayed, we will click on the tab that says Usersand there we will be able to see the active accounts as well as the current one we are using and its name. And ready.
Via command prompt or CMD
- In the menu we will look for CMDor Command Prompt to open the Windows 10 command window.
- Once there, we will type query userand press Enter to execute the command.
- Immediately we will be able to see all the users of the machine as well as their session names.
- We will click on the Windows symbol on the taskbar that displays the menu.
- Then, we will rest the pointer on the user’s profile photo and we will be able to see the username of the session.
As you can see, there are 3 very simple processes that do not exceed 2-3 steps. Windows offers many customizations as well as changing the user’s profile photo , so that we can place the one we like the most.
How to change username and administrator in Windows 10?
By following the steps below you will be able to change any username and administrator name in Windows 10 in addition to knowing them as well. As before, it does not take many steps to perform this action.
The reasons for changing the username or administrator can be varied . It may happen that you have just formatted your PC and installed Windows 10 and the name it has is the default and you want to change it to one that represents you more.
- Log in with the account you want to rename, whether it’s an administrator or a user.
- Once there, you will right-click on the Windows symbol at the bottom left of the taskbar.
- A menu will appear and you will click Run. A small window will appear.
- In it you will write the command netplwizand press Enter .
- The User Accountsbox will appear where we can see all the users created on the PC as well as their names and the group to which they belong. These can be Administrators and Users .
- You will click on the user you want to change the name of and in the lower part of the window you will click on Properties.
- In the pop-up window we can change the name that we want to see the next time we log in. We can also modify the Group Preferencesaccording to our convenience.
- To finish, you will click Applyand then OK . And ready!
Did you see that it is simple? You can also create a local user or administrator account so you don’t have to rename it .
Having Windows 10 up-to-date is important in order to enjoy all the tools it has to offer. Likewise, having the drivers updated is of great help to have a better user experience. I hope this article has been of great help to you, we read!