Today Instagram is one of the most used social networks, it is very common to see people in the street posing to take pictures and later see the result of their Instagram accounts. Admittedly, we have all tried to capture the perfect image , but it is very annoying that when uploading it you see ‘the feed cannot be updated’.
If this happens to you frequently, here you can find a little information about why it happens and how to solve it, so you can upload the photos you want again.
- What are the main reasons why Instagram does not allow updating the feed?
- Your network operators limit activity
- Total user load
- What can you do to fix this problem on your Instagram account?
- Update your app
- Check your internet connection
- Reboot your device
- Uninstall and reinstall Instagram
- How can you check if the Instagram servers are down or not?
- Check it out on Twitter
- Go to the official pages
What are the main reasons why Instagram does not allow updating the feed?
A very annoying problem that you can have when using Instagram is that your feed is not updated normally, not being able to upload your photos to Instagram is frustrating, if you find this error very continuously, it is most likely that the fault is only of your internet connection, remember that without internet you will not be able to upload your photos. There are two reasons that are the most common for the error to appear when updating the Instagram feed while using mobile data:
Your network operators limit activity
There is a possibility that your error is caused by your own mobile network operator, since there are some that limit the speed of mobile data once the cycle is finished or that it is close to the limit speed, this could cause you to experience a load slow or other errors with the internet until you restart the cycle, this works as a way to save your mobile data while using Instagram .
If you have many problems with your internet connection that you receive from your mobile data, you can always contact your mobile network provider.
Total user load
It could also be due to a saturation in network traffic, this happens when you are in a very crowded or crowded place, such as an event for example. So, you take a photo and when you try to upload it, you will not be able to, since you will experience almost no internet connection . This is caused because mobile networks cannot handle so many requests at the same time, so to avoid this it is best to use a nearby Wi-Fi network.
What can you do to fix this problem on your Instagram account?
Now once you know the reason why your feed cannot be updated, what you should do is try to solve it, if you do not know how, do not despair, here you will see some options to achieve it and be able to use your Instagram again without more complications .
Update your app
This application is one of the most used in the world, since it has more and more new functions, which is why the Instagram application must be constantly updated , if you don’t you may not have its new tools and that you have can fail you, such as the fact of not having effectively the option to view feed, to update Instagram manually you can do it in the following way:
- Enter the Google Play Store.
- Click on your profile icon.
- Here you will see a series of options, find and selectthe one that says Updates.
- Now go to the search engine and enter the name of the app you want to update, in this case it would be Instagram.
- Click on the application icon.
- Then, select the part that says Update.
- Wait for the update to finish so you can use its new feature.
- As it will have new options, it may ask you for some necessary permissions, read them with determination to accept them or if they are not to your liking, reject them.
You can also place in Google Play Store settings for your app to update automatically , in this way you will save all this procedure. You can do it in the following way:
- Enter the Google Play Store.
- In the upper left there is an option with a three-line symbol, you must click here. This list that will appear are the settings of your account.
- Enter the Settings option.
- Select Update apps automatically.
- You will see the option to choose if you want to update it only through Wifi or if you want with data, choose the one that suits you best.
- Done, your application will now do it automatically
Check your internet connection
The internet is the main precursor for you to obtain the information in your applications, since this is the one in charge of looking for the data you require, if your app does not have some type of internet connection, it will not provide you with new data, it is for This you must verify if you have a link of some kind to the network .
Your device has two methods of having an internet connection, via the Wi-Fi network and by mobile data, this is the way to know if you are connected to the internet:
- Through a Wifi network:
- Enter your device’s settings.
- Click on Wireless Connections, click on Wifi.
- Look for the network you are connected to, if it does not appear, it means that you are outside the range allowed by the router.
- In this way you will know if your cell phone does not have an internet connection .
- Via data connection:
- Enter your device settings.
- Go to connections, now enter mobile data.
- Activate them if they are not.
- See if the data indicators (2G, 3G, 4G or H) appear in the Signal Bar, if they do not appear, you may be in an area without mobile data coverage.
Reboot your device
If your Instagram application is not working in the correct way, you can try to restart your device to see if it returns to its normal course, you are in the way of doing it correctly:
- Press and hold the lock button on your device.
- When you have it for a few seconds, a series of options will appear, select Restart.
- Wait a few minutes for your device to restart correctly and try to see if your app works correctly.
Uninstall and reinstall Instagram
In order for your application to return to how it worked when it was new, you can uninstall and reinstall it , you can do it in the following way:
- To uninstall ityou can do the following steps:
- Enter your device settings.
- Look here for the Device option.
- Now go to Applications.
- Find the Instagram app and click on it.
- Here you will see the option to uninstall the application.
- To reinstall it,follow these steps:
- Enter the Play Store.
- Enter the search engine and place the application you want to download, in this case it would be Instagram.
- Click on this application.
- Now click on download.
Wait for the download to finish to use your application again and check if its operation is correct now.
How can you check if the Instagram servers are down or not?
More than once you may have wondered if Instagram stopped working just for you or for everyone, this is the first thing you should check, since this way you will know if it is really necessary to try to solve it on your mobile . If the problem only happens in yours, then if you should check if your internet works or the app is crashing.
Check it out on Twitter
If you do not know where to see information that something as important as an Instagram failure, always the best option is to enter Twitter , if it is a global event you will soon find hundreds of tweets from users around the world who will report the failure in the app. You will find this from the beginning, or also through the search engine simply by entering something like ‘Instagram does not work’.
Twitter is usually where the majority go when some social media platforms fail to complain, so you will only have to wait a moment to find the information you need, and if the event is global then you will only have to wait for it to be fixed.
Twitter has millions of users and at the moment of failures in any other social network it becomes viral news , if the fall is global there will not even be the need to search for it, it will appear automatically among the results or in the recent trends.
Go to the official pages
Another way is to go to official pages to obtain this information, these are one of the best options that almost nobody has ever used, but you should start using these specialized pages, in these you will find the complaints and errors that they report from the application in real time. Pages like Downdetector offer this type of service, with these you can see the failures of the operators , streaming pages or applications such as WhatsApp, Telegram or Instagram.
Normally, you only have to enter the search engine for the page you like ‘Instagram’ to find the information in the first results, where we can specifically view the failures of the last 24 hours that the app has had, in addition to the possibility to see it on a real-time crash map and the location of users for whom it is not working.