Cuban fried rice You may not understand why Cubans eat so much fried rice if it is actually a Chinese dish. But it is that Cuba has a large number of Chinese inhabitants, so much so that in the past it came to host the largest Chinese neighborhood in Latin America. Each Cuban family has its own recipe for fried rice, but what they have in common are the salty flavors that ham and soy sauce give them (which they usually call “Chinese sauce”)
[ hide ]
- 1 Definition
- 2 Ingredients
- 3 Preparation
- 1 50 minutes
- 4 External link
- 5 Sources
In Cuba , rice is considered a daily dish in almost every home. From the formation of the colony to the republic, this dish has gone through several states until it became a national identity. Among them are rice with chicken , rice with pork (pork), rice with fish or seafood (in addition to paella ), rice congrí and, the Moors and Christians. The latter being those that appear in the Cuban national identity, although there are recipes categorized as Cuban.
This dish emerged in Asia, specifically in China, but has become international to such an extent that it is already part of the culinary culture of many nations. It is said that the fried is from North America, however, that combination becomes an exquisite dish that is recommended for 6 servings.
- 2 pound white rice
- Meats of: pork, chicken, fish
- pound 1/2 ham
- 2 eggs
- Chinese sauce (soy)
- Chili 1 u
- Onion 1 u
- Garlic 3 cloves
- Salt 1 teaspoon
- Cumin ¼ teaspoon
- Fat 2 teaspoons
- Water 6 cups
- First, the white rice is cooked on one side, then the meat is minced into very small pieces, the ham is also cut into very small pieces, all are thrown into a pan.
- Prepare a good sauce with onion, garlic, chili, cumin and add to the meats that are minced in the pan, add oil so that all that sauté well, when this golden brown is added a little bit of water to cook the meat pieces well and wait for the water to be consumed.
- In addition, make some scrambled eggs that are very fine, on the other hand, cut the leek garlic very small and leave it on a separate plate, when you already have the 4 fundamental things: rice, meats fried in the pan, jumble or scrambled eggs, garlic, leek on a plate and the pommel of the Chinese sauce begins to unite.
- Taking a tablespoon of rice, a tablespoon of fried meats, a tablespoon of jumble, a tablespoon of the chopped leek garlic and you are throwing in a saucepan all the ingredients, stir them all and paint it with a drizzle of Chinese sauce.
- And so you gradually join all the ingredients until it is full in the casserole, finally you will have everything mixed and painted yellow by the Chinese sauce, then you put it on heating, about 5 minutes and that’s it.