Eating pears is sweet, delicious as well as very nutritious. It has many nutritional and medicinal properties. Pears are a good source of copper, phosphorus and potassium with low amounts of calcium, chlorine, iron, magnesium, sodium and sulfur. Pears are used in improving digestion, reducing weight, improving heart health, lowering blood pressure, preventing cancer, healing wounds, healthy skin, reducing inflammation, and boosting the immune system.
Benefits of Pear
- The antioxidants and vitamin C present in pears help to boost the immune system and fight colds, flu and infections.
- Pears are a good source of fiber which makes the digestive system strong. The pectin present in it helps in relieving constipation, diarrhea and other digestive problems.
- Pears have very few calories and high fiber which can help in reducing weight and lowering cholesterol levels.
- Potassium present in pears helps in lowering blood pressure as well as reducing the risk of heart attack and stroke.
- Pears contain antioxidants such as vitamin C and copper that can provide protection against many types of cancer such as colon, rectum, breast, prostate, and lung cancer.
- Folic acid (folate) present in pears protects against neural tube defects in infants of pregnant women.
- Pears are a good source of iron that increase hemoglobin levels and provide protection to patients with anemia.
- Pear juice contains high amounts of fructose and glucose from which the body can receive energy immediately.
- Drinking pear juice every morning and night during summer helps to cool the body and prevent throat problems.
- Drinking a glass of pear juice can soon relieve fever.
- The high mineral content of pears magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, calcium, copper, and boron can prevent the risk of osteoporosis and reduce conditions such as the body’s general weakness.
- Vitamin A and antioxidants present in pears help reduce the effects of aging on the skin, prevent wrinkles, acne, and other skin-related problems. It is helpful in treating hair loss, macular degeneration, cataract, aging process and other problems.