Paraval has medicinal properties which are very beneficial for our health. Parwal can be consumed as a vegetable or as a dessert. Parwal is a good source of vitamins, minerals and fiber. Vitamins like Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin B1 and Vitamin B2 are found in abundance in Parwal. Parval is used in the treatment of constipation, skin infections, fever, urinary problems and diabetes patients.
Benefits of Parwal –
- Parval seeds help reduce cholesterol levels in the body and keep blood sugar levels under control.
- Parwal is a good source of fiber which helps in boosting the digestive system. It is helpful in treating constipation and liver related problems.
- Used in the treatment of parval fever, cough, cold, skin infection and wounds.
- Vitamin A, C and antioxidants present in Parwal are very good for skin health. It is helpful in treating wrinkles, reducing the effects of aging on the skin and other skin related problems.
- Parval has fewer calories and more fiber which helps in losing weight.
- Vitamin C present in the parwal helps to boost the immune system. It is used as a medicine to treat flu, fever and throat problems.
- Parval is used to clean the blood. According to Ayurveda, Parval works effectively to regulate Kapha.
- Consumption of Paraval helps to overcome the problem of loss of appetite.
- Applying a paste of parwal seeds or leaves on the head provides relief in headache.
- Taking paraval kills stomach worms and also helps in the treatment of jaundice disease.