Pineapple is not only delicious to eat but also very nutritious. Pineapple is a good source of vitamins, minerals, proteins, antioxidants, bromelain and fiber. Minerals such as copper, manganese, calcium, magnesium and potassium are found in plenty. Pineapples are used in the treatment of cancer, blood pressure, heart disease, weight loss, arthritis, bloating, constipation, sore throat, and eye disease.
Benefits of Pineapple –
- Potassium is found in abundance in pineapple which helps in controlling heart rate and blood pressure levels.
- Pineapples are a good source of antioxidants that provide protection against many types of cancer such as prostate cancer, lung and oral cavity cancers.
- Vitamin C present in pineapples helps boost the immune system and fight against colds, flu and infections.
- Pineapple is a good source of vitamin A and beta-carotene, which helps in eye health, healthy mucus membranes and in reducing the risk of age-related macular degeneration.
- Pineapples are a great source of bromelain which helps prevent sinusitis. It is helpful in treating sore throat, arthritis, pain, swelling and injury.
- Bromelain, vitamin C and dietary fiber present in pineapple help prevent constipation and promote healthy digestive system.
- Bromelain found in pineapple helps in fighting against indigestion and worm infection (intestinal worms).
- The manganese present in pineapple helps in strengthening the bones of the body.
- Pineapples are rich in fiber, potassium and vitamin C which are good for heart health. It is helpful in reducing the risk of stroke and heart disease.
- Eating pineapple makes teeth and gums strong.
- Vitamin C in pineapples helps in fighting skin damage caused by sun and pollution, reducing wrinkles, treating acne and other skin problems.