Linseed or Tasi is known to be a highly beneficial and powerful food. Flaxseed is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants, minerals, fiber, protein and vitamins. Linseed can help reduce the risk of heart disease, cancer, stroke and diabetes. Linseed helps prevent disease and keep our body healthy.
Benefits of eating flaxseed –
- Flaxseed contains fiber, monounsaturated fatty acids and omega-3 fatty acids that help prevent coronary artery disease and stroke.
- Omega-3 fatty acids present in flaxseed inhibit tumor growth. Linseed helps protect our body from many types of cancer such as breast cancer, stomach cancer and prostate cancer.
- Linseed is a good source of minerals such as manganese, potassium, calcium, iron, magnesium, zinc and selenium.
- Flaxseed contains monounsaturated fatty acids such as oleic acid which helps in lowering bad cholesterol and increasing the level of good cholesterol.
- Consuming linseed keeps blood sugar levels under control and helps reduce the risk of diabetes.
- Flaxseed, like other oilseeds, is also one of the very high calorie foods. In addition flaxseeds are an excellent source of fiber, minerals, antioxidants and vitamins such as folate, riboflavin, thiamine, niacin, vitamin B-5 (pantothenic acid), vitamin E, vitamin K and vitamin B6.
- Linseed helps in reducing inflammation in the body, treating arthritis, allergies and asthma.
- Omega 3 present in flaxseed helps in the treatment of eczema, psoriasis, dry skin, acne and other skin problems.
- Omega 3, a fiber and protein found in flaxseed, helps in reducing weight.
- Flaxseeds are a good source of fiber and omega 3 that help promote bowel health and help treat constipation and diarrhea.
- Consuming linseed makes the immune system strong.