Onions are made as a salad and mixed with vegetables. Onions are used to make food tasty as well as medicine. Onions contain minerals such as calcium, magnesium, sodium, potassium, selenium, and phosphorus. Onions are a good source of vitamin C, vitamin B6, antioxidants and fiber! Onions help us in curing many infections and diseases.
Benefits of Onion –
- Onions contain chromium which controls blood sugar levels in the body. Diabetic patients benefit greatly by eating onions.
- Onions contain a very powerful antioxidant compound called quercetin which inhibits the growth of cancer cells and helps protect against cancer.
- Applying fresh onion juice or paste on bee bites, scorpion bites or other insect bites provides relief.
- Onion helps prevent tooth decay and mouth infection.
- Onion helps in lowering cholesterol levels and lowering blood pressure and prevents heart attacks.
- Iron present in onions helps in the treatment of anemia.
- Putting a few drops of onion juice in the ear can relieve ear pain and relieve the problem of ringing in the ear.
- Onions have anti inflammatory properties which are used to reduce inflammation and to treat joint pain or arthritis.
- By consuming equal amounts of onion juice and honey, it acts as a medicine against cough and cold.
- Onions have anti bacterial, antiseptic and anti inflammatory properties which protect your skin from acne caused by bacteria and other skin infections.