Tomatoes are more beneficial than an apple. Tomatoes can be used as a salad, as a sauce, soup, vegetable or mixed with other vegetables. A tomato can provide about 40% of the daily requirement of vitamin C to our body. Tomatoes are a good source of antioxidants, fiber, minerals and vitamins. Tomatoes are very beneficial for our health.
Benefits of Tomato
- Tomatoes are a good source of antioxidants that help provide protection against many types of cancer.
- Tomatoes contain chemicals called lycopene that can help prevent prostate cancer, cervical cancer, stomach and rectal cancer, breast cancer, and oral cancer.
- Lycopene present in tomatoes prevents heart disease. Regular intake of tomatoes helps in reducing blood cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
- Vitamin A present in tomatoes is helpful in preventing cataract and macular degeneration.
- Eating foods made from tomatoes reduces the risk of heart attack and stroke in women.
- Potassium is found in tomatoes which helps in reducing high blood pressure.
- Tomatoes are rich in fiber which helps in preventing both constipation and diarrhea and also prevents jaundice.
- Tomatoes are used to treat asthma, arthritis, colds, chills and digestive disorders.
- Tomatoes are helpful in keeping teeth, bones, hair and skin healthy.
- Tomatoes are high in fiber and low in calories which help in reducing weight.