Coconut water is very tasty to drink as well as is very beneficial for our health. It contains many nutrients such as antioxidants, amino acids, fiber, B complex vitamins, vitamin C and minerals such as iron, calcium, potassium, magnesium, manganese and zinc. Coconut water is used in the treatment of many diseases.
Benefits of drinking coconut water –
- Coconut water contains vitamin C, potassium and magnesium, which helps control high blood pressure. One cup of fresh coconut water should be drunk twice a day to reduce high blood pressure.
- The amount of fat in coconut water is very low, which helps in losing weight.
- Coconut water prevents dehydration and fluid loss caused by diarrhea, vomiting or excessive sweating. Electrolytes and minerals are found in plenty in coconut water.
- Coconut water has anti-viral and anti-bacterial properties, which helps to enhance the body’s immune system and fight viral infections.
- Coconut water is also very beneficial for pregnant women. Constipation and digestive problems are overcome by drinking coconut water during pregnancy.
- Coconut water is quite beneficial for patients suffering from kidney disease. The magnesium and potassium present in it reduce the risk of kidney stones.
- The amino acids and fiber present in coconut water reduce blood sugar levels. It is very beneficial for patients with diabetes.
- Calcium is found in plenty in coconut water, which makes bones strong.
- Coconut water helps in removing skin related problems.
- The anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties present in coconut water protects against itching in russi and scalp. It helps in hair growth