Turmeric milk is used as a traditional medicine. Turmeric is a natural antiseptic and drinking it mixed with milk can prevent many types of diseases.
Benefits of drinking turmeric milk –
- Turmeric milk has antiviral and anti-bacterial properties, which is considered as one of the best home remedies for cold and cough. It provides immediate relief from sore throat, cough and cold.
- Milk keeps bones healthy and strong, which is a good source of calcium. Adding turmeric to milk provides additional benefits to bone health.
- Turmeric milk has anti-inflammatory properties that prevent the development of many types of cancer such as breast, skin, lung, prostate and stomach cancer.
- Turmeric milk is known in Ayurvedic medicine as ‘natural aspirin’. It is used to relieve headaches, body aches and swelling.
- One glass of turmeric milk should be drunk daily for the treatment of eczema.
- The anti inflammatory properties present in turmeric milk helps in treating inflammation due to arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. It helps in making joints and muscles flexible.
- Turmeric milk is a powerful antiseptic. It helps in treating stomach ulcers and colitis. It increases digestive power and prevents ulcers, diarrhea and indigestion.
- Turmeric milk helps reduce menstrual cramps and pain.
- Turmeric milk is considered as a powerful blood purifier in Ayurvedic tradition and increases blood circulation in the body.
- Drinking a glass of hot turmeric milk one hour before bed helps to sleep and relieves insomnia.
- Turmeric milk helps in reducing weight.