Peppermint is an herb. It has many medicinal properties. Peppermint contains many vitamins such as vitamin B6, vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin A, vitamin K, beta carotene, folate, and riboflavin. It contains minerals like calcium, iron, potassium, magnesium and manganese. Peppermint is also used as a mouth freshener.
Benefits of Mint:
- Peppermint increases digestibility. It helps to relieve stomach pain, flatulence, indigestion and stomach cramps.
- Peppermint helps treat nausea. Nausea or vomiting is cured by smelling fresh mint leaves or peppermint oil.
- Peppermint works as a medicine for asthma patients. It provides relief from asthma and respiratory diseases caused by common cold.
- The nutrient present in peppermint makes the liver strong.
- Peppermint has disinfectant properties that inhibit the growth of harmful bacteria inside the mouth and clean the teeth and tongue.
- Drinking tea made of fresh mint leaves relieves stress and fatigue.
- Peppermint is very beneficial for the skin. It helps in treating acne. Make a paste of mint leaves and rose water mixture and apply it on your face and clean it well after 20 minutes.
- Peppermint relieves itching and burning due to insect bites. Simply apply the paste of mint leaves on the affected area.
- Peppermint helps in the treatment of many types of cancer such as skin cancer, prostate cancer, stomach cancer, and lung cancer.
- Peppermint can help improve memory. Chewing or sniffing fresh mint leaves can increase your memory.
- Mint leaves can alleviate all types of aches such as muscle aches, headaches and stomachache.