Do you have a google home device and are you wondering where to find the google home command list? Very simple, you will find all the commands for Google Assistant directly in this guide so without wasting too much time let’s go to list all the Google home commands. Before starting, however, I invite you to read my guide on google home devices .
- Google home command list
- Google Home commands for home automation
- Controls for the thermostat
- Commands for smart sockets
- Alexa Commands List for lights
- Alexa commands for roller shutters
- Google Home List Commands for calendar and alarms
- Google Assistant commands for information
- Google Assistant commands for music
- Google home command list for Netflix
- Google Assistant commands for messages
- Google Home commands for home automation
Google home command list
To simplify the consultation in this guide, we will group the Google home commands by thematic area. Each google command must be preceded by the google assistant activation word which is “ Ok google “.
Google Home commands for home automation
Controls for the thermostat
With google home devices you can control different brands of smart thermostats. Here I report the google home commands list for the thermostats:
- “Ok Google, set the temperature to (desired degrees)”set the desired temperature on the thermostat connected to google home
- ” Ok Google , raise the temperature by (number) degrees”
- ” Ok Google , lower the temperature by (number) degrees”
Commands for smart sockets
The smart sockets allow you to switch devices connected to the socket on and off with a single voice command. The google assistant commands to manage the sockets are:
- ” Ok Google , turn on (name taken)”
- ” Ok Google , turn off (name taken)”
Alexa Commands List for lights
All brands of light bulbs respond to the following google home command list:
- ” Ok Google , turn on (light name)”
- ” Ok Google , turn off (light name)”
- “ Ok Google , set (light name) to (percentage)”for example set the living room light to 70%. Works with dimmable bulbs to adjust light intensity
- ” Ok Google , dim the light (light name)” Works with dimmable bulbs to adjust the intensity of the light
- “ Ok Google , increase the light (light name)“Works with dimmable bulbs to adjust the intensity of the light
- ” Ok Google , make the light (name light) warmer”or “make the light (name light) colder” works with bulbs with adjustable light temperature
- ” Ok Google , transform (light name) into (color)”works with multicolored LED bulbs and allows you to change their color
Alexa commands for roller shutters
With these home automation controls they manage IKEA, BTicino and Vimar shutters.
- ” Ok Google , lower the blinds”
- ” Ok Google , raise the shutters”
- ” Ok Google , raise the blinds in the bedroom by 50%”
Google Home List Commands for calendar and alarms
Google Assistant manages all the google calendars associated with the google profile. Here are the google home commands for managing calendars:
- Ok Google, add << event name >> to my calendar
- Ok Google, program << event name >> for Monday at 3pm
- Ok Google, when is my first event?
- Ok Google, what’s my first event?
- Ok Google, where is my first event?
- Ok Google, list me all the events of tomorrow
- Ok Google, what plans do I have for today?
With Google home you can set numerous smart alarms according to your needs. Google assistant’s main commands for alarms are
- Ok Google, tell me what are my alarms?
- Ok Google, when is my next alarm?
- Ok Google, set an alarm for 3pm
- Ok Google, wake me up at 06 every day
- Ok Google, wake me up tomorrow at 5
In addition to the alarms, you can configure numerous timers that are particularly useful in the kitchen
- Ok Google, put a 4 minute timer
- Ok Google, how long is the timer left?
- Ok Google, cancel the timer
Google Assistant commands for information
Google Home is able to provide you with up-to-date weather forecasts and will notify you if rain is forecast
- Ok Google, how is the weather today?
- Ok Google, will it rain tonight?
- Ok Google, will it rain tomorrow?
- Ok Google, do I need an umbrella tomorrow?
- Ok Google, what will the weather be on Sunday?
- Ok Google, how many degrees are there now?
Google Home also quickly gives you information about time zones
- Ok Google, what time is it in New York?
The google home commands for the dictionary will surely come in handy too
- Ok Google, what is a synonym for the word “write”?
- OK Google, what is the opposite of “happiness”?
- Ok Google, tell me a palindrome word
- OK Google, what is the definition of the word “digression”?
- OK Google, how do you spell “digression”?
Google Assistant is also a perfect translator in almost any language in the world. You can translate a sentence or word with a simple voice command.
- Ok Google, as they say in Chinese “Good morning”
- Ok Google, translate the word “Hallo” into Italian
Google Home can provide you with tons of answers to your questions. You just have to ask. Here are some commonly used google home commands
- Ok Google, Wikipedia “Bill Gates”
- Ok Google, Do you know Steve Jobs?
- Ok Google, What is the capital of France?
- Ok Google, tell me about the movie “Gladiator”
- Ok Google, how many oscars has “Benigni” won?
- Ok Google, what films are there in the cinema?
- Ok Google, what movies are there tonight?
- Ok Google, what games are there today?
Google Home is also an excellent help in the kitchen for recipes (thanks to Giallo Zafferano) and valuable information
- Ok Google, ask ‘Giallo Zafferano’ for the spaghetti carbonara recipe
- Ok Google, suggest me a recipe
- Ok Google, how many calories does pizza have?
Google Assistant commands for music
Below are all the google home commands related to music that can be used for various music streaming services (for example spotify).
The volume can be adjusted with the following controls
- Ok Google, turn up the volume
- Ok Google, turn down the volume
- Ok Google, dumb
To change track you can use these google home commands:
- Ok Google, previous song
- Ok Google, next song
- Ok Google, pause
- Ok Google, resume
- Ok Google, go ahead 10 seconds
- Ok Google, go back 10 seconds
To choose the song or genre you can use these commands:
- Ok Google, put Alba clear ”from Spotify
- Ok Google, put “Alba chiara” by “Vasco Rossi” from Spotify
- Ok Google, play “Vasco Rossi” music
- Ok Google, put classical music on Spotify (choice of a musical genre)
- Ok Google, play music for workout from Spotify (choose a playlist)
- Ok Google, let me hear the latest hits
- Ok Google, show me Spotify Albums
Google home command list for Netflix
If you use Netflix via chromecast you can command it via voice commands with these commands:
- OK Google, open Netflix
- OK Google, play “The Paper House” on Netflix
- OK Google, play a cartoon on netflix
Google Assistant commands for messages
Google home is able to send messages to other google home devices connected to the same network and with the same google account. Here is the list of google commands for messages:
- Ok Google, text Dude
- Ok Google, write a message to Dude
Google home is also able to make calls using a phone associated with the Google Assistant:
- Ok Google, << call phone number >>
- Ok Google, call Dude
- Ok Google, answer the call
- Ok Google, end the call