Hydralazine belongs to the class of vasodilators : works by relaxing the blood vessels so as to facilitate the flow of blood in the body.
What is Hydralazine used for?
Hydralazine is used to treat high blood pressure . In addition, it can be prescribed after replacing a heart valve or to treat heart failure .
How is Hydralazine taken?
Hydralazine is taken in the form of tablets to be swallowed , generally following 2-4 administrations per day.
Side effects of Hydralazine
Possible side effects of Hydralazine include:
- stomach discomfort
- He retched
- loss of appetite
- stuffy nose
It is important to contact a doctor immediately in case of:
- muscle pain or joint pain
- fast heart beat
- chest pain
- swelling of feet or ankles
- numbness or tingling in the hands or ankles
Contraindications and warnings on the use of Hydralazine
Before taking Hydralazine it is good to inform your doctor:
- of allergies hydralazine, its excipients, aspirin, tartrazine or any other medication
- of medicines, phytotherapy and supplements taken, in particular if it is Indomethacin, Metoprolol or Propranolol
- if you have ever had a heart attack or if you suffer from coronary heart disease, heart rheumatism or heart, kidney or liver disease
- if you are pregnant or breastfeeding
It is also important to advise surgeons and dentists of any ongoing Hydralazine therapy and remember that alcohol can worsen the side effects of the active substance.