Caring for the health of our bones is much simpler than we think. Not only do we have the possibility of taking collagen for joints and bones such as Bamboolabs collagen. We can start by understanding how diet, physical activity and other factors related to our lifestyle affect our bone mass.
To learn more about this topic we have consulted the experts in collagen for joints and bones of Bamboolabs .
What factors affect the health of our bones
- The amount of calcium in our diet: Low calcium diets are guilty of decreased bone density.
- The importance of physical activity:Sedentary people are more prone to osteoporosis.
- Tobacco and alcohol: It has been shown that tobacco use weakens bones. Likewise, excess alcohol influences osteoporosis.
- The gender: Women suffer a greater risk of osteoporosis than men.
- Body size: There is a greater risk for excessively thin people (with a BMI equal to or less than 19) and for those with small corpulence.
- Age: As we age the bones become thinner and weaker.
- Genetics: There is a greater risk among members of the white and Asian races. In addition, family history of osteoporosis or usual bills increases the possibility.
- Hormonal levels: In general, high levels of thyroid hormone can cause osteoporosis. In men, low testosterone levels can cause bone weakness. In women, menopause causes a decrease in the level of estrogen that causes a decrease in bone mass.
- Eating disorders: Processes such as stomach surgery, weight loss surgery and conditions such as Crohn’s disease, celiac disease or Cushing’s disease can affect the body’s ability to absorb calcium. Likewise, diseases such as anorexia or bulimia increase the risk of osteoporosis.
- Effects of some medications: Prolonged use of corticosteroid medications is harmful to the bones. Other medications that could increase the risk of osteoporosis are aromatase inhibitors to treat breast cancer, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, methotrexate, some anticonvulsant medications such as phenytoin and phenobarbital, and pump inhibitors. of protons
Measures to maintain bone health
Our Bamboolabs friends give us the following tips:
- Increase dietary calcium intake: Women up to 50 years and men up to 70 should take 1000 mg of calcium / day. Women over 50 and men over 70 1200. We will find calcium in dairy products, almonds, broccoli, sardines and soy products.
- Increase vitamin D: Vitamin D is essential to absorb calcium. Up to 70 years it is convenient to take 600 IU a day. From 70, the recommended dose increases to 800 IU. We find vitamin D in fatty fish, mushrooms, eggs and fortified foods (such as milk and cereals).
- Practice physical activity periodically: Activities such as walking, jogging or climbing stairs, in which weight is sustained, help strengthen bones and slow bone loss.
- Avoid substance abuse: It is very advisable to quit smoking. And don’t drink one more alcoholic drink a day if you’re a woman and two if you’re a man.
Collagen for joints and bones. Good reinforcement
If the above-mentioned advice cannot be followed, or simply as reinforcement, it is a good idea to take collagen for joints and bones. As Collagen + Bamboolabs Hydrolyzate . Collagen represents one third of the proteins in bones, joints, tendons and ligaments. So it is vital to give flexibility and movement.
In addition, Collagen + is hydroloated, which facilitates assimilation by our body thanks to its high digestibility and bioavailability. Collagen also has an anti-inflammatory effect, it is perfect for athletes. And the Bamboolabs Collagen and Joint pack is the best for our bones and joints since it adds nutrients that contribute to the maintenance of the joints and provides a natural anti-inflammatory action.