Tequila Sunrise. Considered a long drink drink so it is usually served in a tube glass or in any other tall glass.
[ hide ]
- 1 History
- 2 Ingredients
- 3 Preparation
- 4 Variants of Tequila Sunrise
- 5 Nutritional information
- 6 Sources
The Tequila Sunrise cocktail was created in the thirties of the last century although the great popularity of this cocktail began when, Los Eagles, an American rock band formed in Los Angeles , California , included in their second album Desperado, released in 1973 , a very popular song titled “Tequila Sunrise” dedicated to the cocktail of the same name. There is no doubt that the great fame that the cocktail already treasured thanks to this song was increased when, in 1988, the film producer Warner Bros releases the movie Conexión Tequila (whose original title was “Tequila Sunrise”) by director Robert Towne, starring Mel Gibson, Michelle Pfeiffer and kurt Russell. According to history, the Tequila Sunrise cocktail was created at the Arizona Biltmore Resort & Spa Hotel in Phoenix between the years 1930 and 1940 .
A client who frequented the Hotel very often and who loved tequila asked the bartender Gene Sulit if he could prepare a refreshing drink that would bring tequila so that he could enjoy it in the Hotel’s pool. Gene Sulit surprised him with a drink he called Tequila Sunrise because of the shape of the colors of the prepared cocktail that resembled the sunrise. This first Tequila Sunrise was made with tequila, creme de cassis, lemon juice and soda. As with many other cocktails, the way of preparing Tequila Sunrise differs greatly from the original form of the cocktail created by the bartender Gene Sulit, since the ingredients used in the original have been replaced by different ones, making the current cocktail incorporates tequila, orange juice and grenadine.
There is a second legend of how this cocktail was created, although the truth is, this second story lacks sufficient data to allow us to believe that it has any chance of being true. It is said that a waiter spent an entire night drinking in a San Francisco bar, when at 9 am his boss arrived and saw him drunk, asked him what he was doing, and the waiter, to justify himself, explained that he had passed all night in the bar waiting for the sunrise so he could create a cocktail that simulated sunrise, and he quickly began to mix tequila and other ingredients creating a cocktail with beautiful colors to offer to his boss, who baptized it as Tequila Sunrise.
- 2 or 3 ice cubes
- 1 part tequila
- 3 parts of orange juice (if natural much better)
- 2 drips of grenadine syrup
- 1 slice of orange (to decorate)
- In a shaker put half of the ice cubes, the Orange juice , the Tequila and shake very well.
- In a high glass put the rest of the ice, pour the contents of the shaker and slowly pour the grenadine so that it goes to the bottom.
- Stir again, serve and decorate.
Variants of Tequila Sunrise
- Aperol Sunrise – Aperol liqueur ( orange snack ), a substitute for grenadine.
- Tequila Sunset – Blackberry Brandy, substitute for grenadine.
- Caribe Sunrise – rum, substitute for tequila.
- Southern Sunrise – Southern Comfort, substitute for tequila.
- Vodka (or Russia) Sunrise – vodka, a substitute for tequila.
- Amaretto Sunrise – Amaretto Disaronno, substitute for tequila.
- Florida Sunrise – equal measures of pineapple juice and orange juice are used.
- Red Sea Sunrise – non-alcoholic version that uses lemon juice instead of tequila.
- Enamorada Sunrise – Campari, substitute for grenadine syrup.
|Saturated fatty acids||0.00 gr|
|Monounsaturated fatty acids||0.00 gr|
|Polyunsaturated fatty acids||0.00 gr|
|Vitamin A||0.04 µg|
|Vitamin C||28.04 mg|
|Folic acid||25.93 µg|